VCI-100SE TSI 2_3 FeedBack - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

they do the same thing .. the idea is just that the button is for temporary switching to juggle mode and with the knob you can permanently do into juggle mode .. so that you dont need to keep pressing the juggle button.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    sign up on the beta list and you will get notification of new files. We just sent out an email now.

http://www.djtechtools.com/midi-map/
    Hmm saw this before the email came through. I did manage to sleep eventually and the beta email was there when i awoke

Canny wait to have a play as ive been away camping till today.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by theoz View Post
    Greetings to everybody,

I am a relatively new owner of a vci-100se and i just downloaded the new mappings. I have two problems that might seem stupid or naive to many of you (after some searching i did to the forum i couldn't find what i was looking for). I am sorry in advance if this problem/question is already answered somewhere else in the forum, if someone knows please point it out.

1. Software Pitch fader range is -+100% - while the VCI-100 knob takes it to -+8 to it's min-max. Even if I change the settings for the software pitch fader range and choose -+8 or -+10, I now can move -+0.5 or something, meaning I only control less than one tenth of the full range of the pitch fader with the VCI knob. Since I am interested in fine pitch adjustments and I am not interested in a +100 pitch change, how could I make the knob of the VCI correspond to the full range of the software pitch?

2. Track strip (don't know if i'm using the right term). When I load a track on any player, I cannot see the complete track waveform, but only the minute marks. I read in the manual I have to wait for the tracks to get analyzed (or smthg like that) but no matter how much i wait, the track strip still remains empty. This happens to 99.5% of my tracks (for some reason I randomly discovered a couple of tracks that were actually displayed but for all the rest it's the same problem).

Thank you in advance for any help/insight!

Theo.

XPS M1330 - Vista SP2 - Traktor Pro 1.1.2 - VCI-100SE - TSI 2.3
    Yup sounds like your tracks arent analysed. Right click the track or selection of tracks and select Analyse. Or alternatively you could have the option "analyse when loading tracks" on in options.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Allright, thanks for the continuing work on the TSI.

Gain knobs: I personally prefer relative mode, as I don't expect to get any visual feedback from this knob, seeing that it's the same knob for 2 decks. All I want to do is give the track more volume, so relative works great for me & is much more responsive than soft takeover. I do use soft takeover on all my EQ though to avoid 'squelching'.

Bass Kill: excellent! this is going to be used a lot!

EQ FX on/off: I really don't get this one. I switch a lot btween the eq & fx and I don't want it turned on or off when I switch.

Coarse Deck Seek: I like this too! I thought I wouldn't find any use for it but this is better than using the touchpad to move around.

Cheers!

Great work on the new TSI, Ean. It keeps getting better and better, and especially more convenient to make my mixes flow.

I am running 1.3 firm with 1.1 traktor pro.

The problem that is occurring with me right now is the filter knob function on all decks. When I have the vci knob set to, say a half turn counter-clockwise or -50%, and the software filter is registered at 12 o clock, the software will move relative to the vci knob adjustment, but not match the value until the vci knob reaches 12 o clock.

Is that what you intended the mapping to do? Just a little tweak, nothing major.

Thanks!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    Gain knobs: I personally prefer relative mode, as I don't expect to get any visual feedback from this knob, seeing that it's the same knob for 2 decks. All I want to do is give the track more volume, so relative works great for me & is much more responsive than soft takeover. I do use soft takeover on all my EQ though to avoid 'squelching'.
    I guess on the gain you are only going to do minor adjustments, so relative should indeed work out quite well indeed for the gain knobs, since the chances of ever getting to the end in either direction are effectively zero even with relative mode.
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Convert

Default New

VCI 100 (1.3)
    Traktor Pro 1.1

Shift + EQ FX Button - Sets up each deck for a special fader FX performance (Press Shift + EQ FX and then turn on fader FX mode. Work the Jog wheels and Line Fader with the pitch fader)
    When I use this for Deck B, the first "Shift + EQ FX"-Press activates EQ FX Mode. On Deck A "Shift + EQ FX" does not activate EQ FX
    It irritated me first when I wasn't used to it.
    Last edited by simonsky; 08-13-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Tech Convert

When you turn on Deck C/D Mode and then press both Deck C and Deck D button to control Deck A and B, Traktor switches to 2-Deck View. I think it would be better if it stays at 4-Deck Mode as long as Deck C/D Mode is activated.

Furthermore the "Sampler" does only work when in Chained Mode in FX-Slot 2.
    Last edited by simonsky; 08-13-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    When you turn on Deck C/D Mode and then press both Deck C and Deck D button to control Deck A and B, Traktor switches to 2-Deck View. I think it would be better if it stays at 4-Deck Mode as long as Deck C/D Mode is activated.
    Agreed! Also it would be good to make it more explicit that you're on deck c & d, like the play button led changing color (not only the c/d button)

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    +1 from me as well

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast