VCI-100SE TSI 2_3 FeedBack
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default VCI-100SE TSI 2_3 FeedBack

Please post your suggestions, problems and bugs here. This update has been built for Traktor 1.1.2 and is not 100% compatible with the new 1.2 beta. Download here

Remember to include:

• Firmware version
    • Traktor version

Bug Fixes

• * Deck A Loop Knob Turned on FX in bank A. - Fixed
    • * EQ FX UNIT 2 Drive and Gate - Swapped
    • * FX Advanced Reset button- Missing command added

New Features

• * Low EQ Kill added to low EQ knob
    • * DECK SEEK Coarse Added- Access it through Shift + pitch bend (outer rim)
    • * Fader FX mode has been improved for Chained FX. Use the line fader with the jog wheel and pitch fader for control over all 3 FX
    • * added soft take over to gain knobs (please provide feedback)
    • * Shift + EQ FX Button - Sets up each deck for a special fader FX performance (Press Shift + EQ FX and then turn on fader FX mode. Work the Jog wheels and Line Fader with the pitch fader)
    • * EQ FX buttons toggle FX units on and off (sets the wet dry to 50% and then 0% , please give feedback)
    Last edited by EanGolden; 08-05-2009 at 08:17 PM.

ey .. a new file ??? how come i don't know about this ?

nothin new in the mapping section ???

i hope theres not massooof changes as ive just ordered an arcade overlay for 2.2

even so ... this has got me all excited just before i'm about to go to bed!

I'll never sleep now !!!

Thanks Ean!!
    Last edited by MisterMoleyMole; 08-05-2009 at 08:13 PM.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

sign up on the beta list and you will get notification of new files. We just sent out an email now.

http://www.djtechtools.com/midi-map/

Tech Convert

Question about the overlay before I buy it again. Is it different than the one that was sold a month or two ago? Will it change again when NI releases the gold of 1.2?

Tech Guru

Thanks for those fixes and tweaks.

I have been using soft takeover in my TSI. It takes a lot of getting used to. Essentially the first thing to think of when touching any knob or fader is to move it to the current position and not to the position where you want it to end up. Also the soft takeover is very exact, that is .. if you have something set to the maximum, then you really need to be at the maximum, especially on the faders it often seems like you are at the maximum in the fader position, but actually you are quite below.

So in a way you need to first get to the position, make a very small move and then think about where you want to go. The issue is obviously that with some of the smart knob action, even a small movement is too much.

Then again without soft take over instead of ending up missing the timing because the movement on the knob/fader is ignored because I failed to move it to position first, I also end up with effects and things coming at the wrong time. So in the end I prefer soft takeover, even if I feel NI could make it a bit more human compatible by making soft takeover accept a minor difference in knob/fader position on takeover or maybe by also giving you a visual cue that the knob/fader you are currently turning is not taking effect due to soft takeover.

I have created a feature request for this on the NI forums:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=91149
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

In Fader FX mode when thouthing the jog the opposite deck play/pause's?
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

Wooooooo!

I have my gig today! This 2.3 seem to fixed some of my problem, but I will update this after tonight gig just in case, hehe

I'm not sure what's exactly the "soft takeover". Is this will fix when ever you load a new track in and the gain will not be at the right volume? I have to slightly touch the gain knob all of the time just to bring back the new track to the right volume, if this fix it, it will be so awesome! Somebody please explain.

Thanks and Thank you Ean!

Great to have an update with the bugs resolved. Why no key lock or track preview???

Default 2 things that bother me with vci-100SE, traktor pro 1.1.2 and tsi 2.3

Greetings to everybody,

I am a relatively new owner of a vci-100se and i just downloaded the new mappings. I have two problems that might seem stupid or naive to many of you (after some searching i did to the forum i couldn't find what i was looking for). I am sorry in advance if this problem/question is already answered somewhere else in the forum, if someone knows please point it out.

1. Software Pitch fader range is -+100% - while the VCI-100 knob takes it to -+8 to it's min-max. Even if I change the settings for the software pitch fader range and choose -+8 or -+10, I now can move -+0.5 or something, meaning I only control less than one tenth of the full range of the pitch fader with the VCI knob. Since I am interested in fine pitch adjustments and I am not interested in a +100 pitch change, how could I make the knob of the VCI correspond to the full range of the software pitch?

2. Track strip (don't know if i'm using the right term). When I load a track on any player, I cannot see the complete track waveform, but only the minute marks. I read in the manual I have to wait for the tracks to get analyzed (or smthg like that) but no matter how much i wait, the track strip still remains empty. This happens to 99.5% of my tracks (for some reason I randomly discovered a couple of tracks that were actually displayed but for all the rest it's the same problem).

Thank you in advance for any help/insight!

Theo.

XPS M1330 - Vista SP2 - Traktor Pro 1.1.2 - VCI-100SE - TSI 2.3

Please forgive me if this answer has already been made clear in the tutorials...but what is the difference b/w the Juggle On button in the top right corner, and the small Juggle On knob?
    thanks

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast