diy controller - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: diy controller

Quote Originally Posted by thesalivationarmy View Post
    just want to double check before making a purchase (hi everyone, hope im not derailing, had the same questions as 32Digits on page 12 of this thread, seeing as I have -way- more buttons/pots/encoders than 16 planned for my project, i should go the teensy 3.0 route and not
    brain jr. yeah? Attachment 15524
    tia & continue on!
    Did you looked here: http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/index.html compares the teensy's next to each other,

I thought the 3.0 had less than the 2.0++

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Guys you should check this out:
    thanks for sharing this with us That's really great what he's doing there!
    NI Traktor Kontrol S4 - Sennheiser HD 25 - MF SPECTRA

Quote Originally Posted by 32Digits View Post
    Did you looked here: http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/index.html compares the teensy's next to each other,

The amount of pins don't really matter if you use shift registers, they allow you to connect dozens of inputs or outputs to just a few pins. The Teensy 2.0 has an 8-bit AVR processor at 16Mhz and the 3.0 has a 32-bit ARM processor at 48Mhz, which is an entirely different architecture, but a lot more powerful. It's also pretty new and doesn't support everything the 2.0 supports yet, so it all depends on your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by 32Digits

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    The amount of pins don't really matter if you use shift registers, they allow you to connect dozens of inputs or outputs to just a few pins. The Teensy 2.0 has an 8-bit AVR processor at 16Mhz and the 3.0 has a 32-bit ARM processor at 48Mhz, which is an entirely different architecture, but a lot more powerful. It's also pretty new and doesn't support everything the 2.0 supports yet, so it all depends on your needs.

welllllll turns out im dumb as hell, i didnt see your posts guys and wound up absentmindedly getting the 3.0

I'm guessing its safer to return it and order the 2.0++ seeing as I'm in new territory already and there won't be as many tutorials/sketches available for 3.0?
    what do you think

gah im dumb

I was in the same bind as you about 3 weeks ago, as I'm also new to this, but did end up going with the Teensy++ 2.0 to be on the safe side, since the 3.0 didn't support MIDI and HID yet (it does now). The Stomper uses the ++ 2.0, so it's still pretty powerful, and it has the same architecture as Arduino, so you can be sure all the same code works on it. On the other hand, all the libraries that come with Teensyduino have been updated for the 3.0, so it's only third-party libraries you might have to worry about.

So again, if you really want to be on the safe side and can still return it, get the ++ 2.0, otherwise the 3.0 will serve you just fine. It's even more powerful than the ++ 2.0 (and I'm already impressed with that one).

holy hell, that's impressive.
    allriiiight, well, I did want a learning experience, so I guess I'll keep my 3.0. To be fair they both cost as much as a bar tab, so if I can't handle it, guess it won't hurt to have an extra microcontroller for future projects. Thanks for the heads up!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516