(Tutorial) How to Map the F1 in MIDI Mode. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 0Notice View Post
    This work around includes a few modifiers but I have no doubt stewe will be here momentarily with a explanation!
    C'mon mate, this shouldn't be hard task for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    C'mon mate, this shouldn't be hard task for ya
    Ha. I just cant remember the exact commands... Loser me, haven't been up to too much mapping recently!

Add out > Deck Common > Beat Phase > Add moodier Cue Type 1 > Cue > Device target with deck > Make LED options work for your controller!

Do this four time with each Cue with a different deck on all cues! Should work for ya! Just have to have at least one deck playing for it to work!

@Stewe Figured it out
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Hi 0Notice,

Thanks for the post, I'm starting on this and I am trying to map the F1, when I follow "Creating Pad Pages using the encoder and LED Screen" to generate the pages I get lost here "Drop down next to learn > 7 Segment > 2nd Col >". In the drop down menu next to learn only Channels and either CC/Note/Pitchbend are displayed.

Can anyone help me? Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi All,

This is a heads up for everyone interested in creating multiple pages by mapping F1 push encoder in Traktor. Once you press SHIFT+BROWSE to enter in to the MIDI Mode your Encoder will be set to send out CC type of message by default, but I tweaked this setting since I made better results out of the "Note" encoder setting.

In CC mode, your encoder is set to output an absolute message where each step on the encoder is essentially one small value increment in the MIDI velocity. So if you try to constantly twist the encoder to the right side you will eventually hit the value of 127 and your encoder will stop responding for that side until you twist it a few values back to the left side. So basically you are stuck in between 0 and 127 (total of 128 values). Now this is all good if your encoder can let you only select from pages 1 to 8 and than from 8 back to 1 but if you want your encoder to repeat these cycles in both directions like a real endless encoder than you want to change encoder type to "Note".

In Note mode, both directions are assigned with their unique MIDI Notes. And great thing about those is that you don't have to worry about hitting any limitations because your encoder will send them to the eternity

So a magic combination of commands looks little something like this:

Attached at the end of this post you can find a TSI where I packed everything in one place and all you have to do is assign corresponding MIDI Channel and CC/Note numbers in the Editor software just like in this pic following. (check orange boxes and be sure to assign correct values (double check if necessary )

DOWNLOAD TSI: Kontrol F1_Encoder Page Mod.zip

You can consider this mapping a concept and use unofficial TSI editors such as CMDR (PC) or Xtreme Mappings app (Mac) to easily copy and paste this commands in to your own mappings.
    Last edited by Stewe; 12-18-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks Stewe, very helpful...!!!

Cheers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234