Livid Instruments OhmRGB!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Livid Instruments OhmRGB!

I'm pretty set on making my purchase of the OhmRGB Slim. Just thought I'd see if anyone else on here is using the RGB or even Ohm64? I'm planning on using it for Live and Traktor. Best of both worlds :-)

After countless buying and selling of controllers (x-session pro, trigger finger, DX, S2, Arturia Spark) over the past 2 years, I think I've finally found my niche and workflow. Super stoked just thought I'd see if anyone using the RGB/64 would want to share their experience! I know there's a few people here on the forum using the Livid Code/block/CNTRL:R too.

Sequencing and creating live drum patterns is super important for me and so I was actually planning on the CNTRL:R at first, but Livid is opening their new step sequencer to the rest of their controllers too. Plus, there are plenty of ways to get sequencing going in Live anyways without having to spend tons of cash (launchpad, APC etc). With the RGB I can do everything on one unit so it's super portable. I know I can go modular but I'm all limiting my gear! I really want to keep Traktor around as well and I think the RGB is one of the better all-in-one solutions for both programs.

Let's talk gear! :-P
    Last edited by GI Trackt; 05-09-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trackt View Post
    I'm pretty set on making my purchase of the OhmRGB Slim. Just thought I'd see if anyone else on here is using the RGB or even Ohm64? I'm planning on using it for Live and Traktor. Best of both worlds :-)

After countless buying and selling of controllers (x-session pro, trigger finger, DX, S2, Arturia Spark) over the past 2 years, I think I've finally found my niche and workflow. Super stoked just thought I'd see if anyone using the RGB/64 would want to share their experience! I know there's a few people here on the forum using the Livid Code/block/CNTRL:R too.

Sequencing and creating live drum patterns is super important for me and so I was actually planning on the CNTRL:R at first, but Livid is opening their new step sequencer to the rest of their controllers too. Plus, there are plenty of ways to get sequencing going in Live anyways without having to spend tons of cash (launchpad, APC etc). With the RGB I can do everything on one unit so it's super portable. I know I can go modular but I'm all limiting my gear! I really want to keep Traktor around as well and I think the RGB is one of the better all-in-one solutions for both programs.

Let's talk gear! :-P
    It depends what you want to do with it.

Is spark any good?

I thought about buying one and am still debating on OHM64. Or CNTRL R but like I play mostly Harder stuff or dubstep so my bpm range is like 140- 180 sometimes i go down to 128 but thats like the lowest.
    Realistically I would prolly play loops. More than sequence on the fly.

btw since your from the bay Where you spin and What do you spin? Just wondering cause I am from the bay as well.
    (The bay is a local thing anyone else prolly doesnt understand)
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Sup dude. Spark is amazing man. I had the controller and had lots of fun with it, super easy super intuitive super quick. Only reason why I'm not using it any more is that since I'm on PC, midi clock sync bw Spark and Traktor wasn't that strong. It was interesting though that when using the software without the controller, the midi clock sync was much better and tighter between the two software. I didn't have to nudge the platters as much when just using the software in stand alone mode.

I'm really looking forward to delving into Live. I might actually buy the software-only version of Spark (Vintage Drum Machines) and run it as a VST in Live. This way all dj'ing and sequencing can be done under one roof (Live) and I don't have to worry about things drifting out of time.

I've already got ideas how I'm going to map the Ohm to Spark since I've worked with the real Spark controller already. I'll probably map half of the grid to the Spark software (16 step sequencer and 16 pads of instruments) and then the 32 left for controlling clips/tracks. Running Spark as a VST, I can even map one of the controller faders to Spark's master volume so I can have Spark on its own channel. I'm really a fan of being able to control everything on one controller.

Livid has great support on their forums and they've released lots of forward thinking mappings/scripts for their controllers. "Ohm Modes" is super sick (http://vimeo.com/31382392). Also Will Marshall (http://willmarshall.me/) is planning to release an RGB DJ script which I'm looking forward to as well.

Nice to see you're from the bay too! I'm actually from East Bay area. Resident dj at my bedroom :-P No big gigs bro, just a hobby that keeps me busy! I spin lots of edm! House, vocal trance, prog trance prog house, getting into tech house and techno lately!
    Last edited by GI Trackt; 05-10-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    (The bay is a local thing anyone else prolly doesnt understand)
    I'm in Sweden, and I know what the Bay Area is...
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    I'm in Sweden, and I know what the Bay Area is...
    Listening to John Dahlback's latest podcast while working....Sweden in the Bay Area :-)

Maybe even this evening on the OhmRGB script. We shall see

Quote Originally Posted by willrjmarshall View Post
    Maybe even this evening on the OhmRGB script. We shall see
    Excited to see what you've got cooking Mr. Marshall! Thanks for your dedication to mappings and controllers

Will J Marshall's Version 1 remote script released!

Out of interest: Why do you prefer Livid Ohm RGB over the APC40? The number of buttons, faders and knobs appears to be almost the same, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by RockingClub View Post
    Out of interest: Why do you prefer Livid Ohm RGB over the APC40? The number of buttons, faders and knobs appears to be almost the same, right?!
    It's smaller, lighter and better constructed, so vastly better for gigs. It's been designed with customisation in mind, so it's much easier to hack.

The layout is more ergonomic and easier to understand.

Basically one you pick up an Ohm, the APC feels like a kid's toy by comparison.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast