"Airplane" keyboard advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I know of them all, I'm interested in what he prefers.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

.....nice! two pages of discussion I missed, because I was....on the plane...

I think I will just make a random guess and buy one. I really don't want anything big or over 50 euros.

Machine on the plane? hahahaha. I don't travel first class. I have a small 12 inch laptop. It just fits the table.

How do you get your maschine to display the notes on the pads? I have a MK2, but if I put it in keyboard mode all pads are just white...
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Quote Originally Posted by boarderbas View Post
    .....nice! two pages of discussion I missed, because I was....on the plane...

I think I will just make a random guess and buy one. I really don't want anything big or over 50 euros.

Machine on the plane? hahahaha. I don't travel first class. I have a small 12 inch laptop. It just fits the table.

How do you get your maschine to display the notes on the pads? I have a MK2, but if I put it in keyboard mode all pads are just white...
    Use the new Ableton script. It's sweet.

I love using Maschine on the plane! Not necessarily in First, either. First class or better is one of life's great pleasures, though.

where the fkuc do you leave that shit? Have your laptop on the table of your neighbor?

Okay - actually in flight might be a bit impractical with a full-sized Maschine. However, it's easy to close the laptop and use the controller on top. In the original post, though, you wrote in the airport/on the road, for which it might be easier.

You don't.

where the fkuc do you leave that shit? Have your laptop on the table of your neighbor?
    Yeah………that's why I don't think a keyboard is right for that purpose. Or a Maschine. Or anything else. Ableton, Logic, and a lot of other DAWs can use the computer keybaord as a musical keyboard. Honestly, I'd just do that………the little korg nano 2 keyboard thing is the only one I'd imagine fitting on a plane…………and if anything it feels worse than my laptop keyboard.

mostapha, the keyboards I mention in my second post are about the same size. I have an akai LPD coming my way.. I figured that it's the least likely option to dissapoint.

Sweet. Good luck, and I hope you like it. I just gave up on cheap/small keyboards as not being better than nothing for me. I know that's not the right decision for everybody.

I'm considering adding stickers to my computer keyboard as I can never remember where the black notes are when I'm trying to use it. Might be a better solution than buying one of these controllers.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I've never played piano or keyboard, so getting the meodies out is allready a big challenge. I hope to eliminate at least the challenge of the button finding. Also some limited kind of velocity sensitivity will help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast