VCI-100Se Platter- How to Tighten them up - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

If you want your platters to spin more freely then you just need to add some lube to the spindle after taking it apart.

Tech Convert

I just fixed the platter spinning not-so-freely issue on my original VCI-100. I had one wheel that worked great, one that had too much friction and made a weird noise and spun to a stop too quickly. No screw tightening will help here, although I did find all the screws holding the jog wheel assembly to the top cover to be very, very loose! My jog wheels were literally hanging loose inside the assembly. Bad Vestax!

Anyway, once I removed the jog wheel assemblies and removed the back covers, there's a brass leaf spring in there that's tensioned lightly against the brass center post. On my good wheel, the leaf spring is barely touching the post. On my bad one, it was clearly bent farther over and pushing too hard on the post. I gently unbent the leaf spring just a teeny bit, so that it matched the good one. Put everything back, now it's perfect.

I should have taken pictures, sorry. Didn't really think about it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jgerry View Post
    Anyway, once I removed the jog wheel assemblies and removed the back covers, there's a brass leaf spring in there that's tensioned lightly against the brass center post. On my good wheel, the leaf spring is barely touching the post.
    Good post. We should get the hardware elves to make a photo tutorial.
    With this, replacing LEDs, Buttons and Faceplates, soon we'll be doing full stripdown guides!

Default White plastic

Hi Ean,

I tried to tighten both the set of screws and the platter is still lose. Worst still while tightening the bottom screws I cracked the white plastic holder.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I can a replacement for this part.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    Since all of these were assembled by hand there seems to be a few of units that had parts not screwed in as tightly as possible. There are two possible sets of screws you may try to tighten.

I have attached pictures of them.

does the platter lift slightly when pulling? That is normal on some vci-100's.

as long as its stable and does not wobble then its fine but if there is actual wobble and the wheel is loose then there may be a internal problem.

Default Broken Part

Hi Ean,

Thank you for your reply.

I accidentally cracked the white plastic within.

Could you help in getting a replacement part?

Regards

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fredchia View Post
    Hi Ean,

Thank you for your reply.

I accidentally cracked the white plastic within.

Could you help in getting a replacement part?

Regards
    Hi Fred,

I tried googling "Vestax parts" and got a list of possible sites that might be able to help. Try that.

Case
    2403.bandcamp.com . Cubase6 . Traktor Pro 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123