VCI-100Se Platter- How to Tighten them up - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I just experienced the loose screw issue after returning from a day gig out in the park. I wasn't sure if it was the heat that may have caused it, or just the commute back home. I freaked out but then found the screws in my bag and tightened all of them all over.

i am a noobfest, didnt think to look underneath the unit. so i took it apart, some kind of glue substance covering the screws, what is it exactly? dont want to take it off to not be able to put it back on....

blanco, do you have a carry case for yours? im about to invest in the udg producer bag...
    Sony VAIO VGN-FE31M , Vestax VCI-100 SE , Microkorg

Tech Wizard

I haven't found a perfect case for it, but I needed something, because I need to transport to gigs and all, and i'm not bringing the box.

I settled with one of these 17" sleeves from this company.
    http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleev...leevecases.htm

Bought it local to me at Tekserve in nyc.
    I then insert the vci-100 into the sleeve and place into one of my other gig bags.

The UDG Bag is almost an exact knockoff it seems to the M-Audio Producer Bag from a few years back. I've used that bag with the sleeve and transported as my carryon onto an airline.

If I could find this bag in the states for a decent price, i'd try to pickup:
    http://www.mixexperience.co.uk/produ...-backpack.html

Tech Wizard

Looks like I have to go in mine and do the same type of surgery. While I'm in there though, just how loose can those platters be and still be stable? I'd like mine as loose as possible.

Im more than happy to go inside, but i would love someone to tell me what that glu like substance is on the screws inside the machine. i dont want to mess around with it. any ideas guys?
    Sony VAIO VGN-FE31M , Vestax VCI-100 SE , Microkorg

Tech Wizard

I'm like Ollie, I have to tighten my left platter (don't have tools near me @ the moment) but at the same time, I want to loosen the spin tension. Which set of screws will loose the spin tension while stabilizing the full platter wheel?

I hope that makes sense.

Tech Wizard

I'm far from the best when it comes to the hands on so I need to be walked though this please.

1. After taking all 5 screws out (the sides and the bottom), should it slide right off or do I HAVE TO take the jog wheels off?

2. Do you take it apart with the VCI face up or face down?

3. Any clue based on Ean's pictures and your personal experience, which screws SECURE the jog wheel in place vs. a separate set of screws (maybe?) that control the amount of spin tension on each jog wheel? I prefer to have mine sort of loose to spin freely but obviously secure and in place.

Can anyone walk me though that via post, youtube or pictures?

There are no screws that adjust the tension of the jog wheels. That is a feature that was only introduced with the vci-300. as a result, some vci-100's may have slightly different tensions on the jog wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by OllieThomas View Post
    Im more than happy to go inside, but i would love someone to tell me what that glu like substance is on the screws inside the machine. i dont want to mess around with it. any ideas guys?
    yes, you can take the glue off- its there so those screws dont come loose. If those screws are not loose then there is nothing else to tighten.

This happens to me sometimes when I transport my VCI-100... It happens because the plater gets tilted. I've been able to fix it by gently tilting it. Just put your fingers and thumb around the plater and tilt it back. Then you'll see it spins normally.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast