VCI Jog Wheel bass exposure fixes - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Hi guys,

I going to play in a club quite soon with my vci 100 for the first time and I trying to be prepared for any problems I could have ^^

Is this problem solved with the last firmware as it was said on the paper i got in the vci or is it still an issue ?

Its not a firmware problem its a harware problem, though i might be able to work out how to filter the messages out using Bomes midi translator if i can replicate the situation.

The paper that you were reading said that if that situation does arise you can press both vinyl buttons at the same time and the jog wheel's will turn off.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ OnDelay View Post
    Anyone hear about this happening with a Hercules RMX?? I haven't had it happen yet, but then again I haven't been in a club that was crazy loud enough yet to knock it out of whack.
    Hasnt happened to my RMX, but I jusy jynxed myself yay
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Cheap fix:
    i bring 2 beach towels with me when i spin. One gets folded nice and neat underneath my my VCI-100 to absorb the vibration...
    the other is for sweat that pours out of me bouncing around in the DJ booth.

Tech Mentor

Do you guys reckon this will do the trick ?

I am thinking of getting this

http://www.thomann.de/gb/vestax_vci_...r_backpack.htm

I got the vci bag w/the vci cover & I love it!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

you can use your motherboard foam(i keep them all since 1998,never knew when it will be usefull).
    I will test it on Saturday in club with rich bass.

Tech Wizard

I use the extra positioning strips that came with my Auralex MoPads. Even gives the VCI a nice slight ergonomic tilt.

Tech Guru

These are all great ideas for shock absorbtion. Alternately you can map a hot key that modifier-shifts your jogs so that the outside edge (movement here is where the vibration affects it) no longer respond. That way you can still cue up, scratch, etc, but have the added security of "bass protection" when you need it. Granted you wouldn't be able to nudge the pitch on the edge, but a couple more mappings on buttons or keys can take care of that!
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Default My first DJ nightmare! - VCI Jog bass exposure fixs

Hi i'm new to this forum so hi all

played out on my vestax vci 100 a few times recently and found i had problems with bass vibration in clubs, making some of the buttons activate when i don't want them too.

Any one else have this problem when using out in a club.any idea on how to cure it.

i'm using it with traktor pro

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast