VCI Jog Wheel bass exposure fixes - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I am a little skeptical but like you i wouldnt rule it out so fast.
    Those floats are amazing for techs. They even made it onto the front of one of my music textbooks.

Well.. The foam I found is about 1-1/2 thick. It is not the soft type.. but not the hard one either. It is the foam used to ship electronic equipment.

I will ask my friend if we can make a test well before the disco/club opens.
    "Crossed fingers" - Will let you know.
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

I would strongly recommend for anyone who uses any type of external controllers to be on the safe side and configure the keys of your laptop keyboard to do most of the common things such as cue, play, pitchbend, pitch, bass kill, crossfader etc.

This way, if your equipment starts bugging, just switch it off and you can at least DJ some what properly.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    I would strongly recommend for anyone who uses any type of external controllers to be on the safe side and configure the keys of your laptop keyboard to do most of the common things such as cue, play, pitchbend, pitch, bass kill, crossfader etc.

This way, if your equipment starts bugging, just switch it off and you can at least DJ some what properly.
    You could also just leave some paper in your gig bag incase you ever need to use some folded up as breaks under your jog wheels - this will render your jogs useless but least you can still use the rest of buttons\faders on your controller.

If worst comes to worst i can get away without jogs, between cue jumps and beatjumps its possible to get anywhere needed in the track in pretty short time.

Would rubber help at all?

Inside the casing, under the job wheel? Thats where most of the vibration is, since there are 2 little stands the keep the jog wheel touching the bottom of the case.
    Maybe rubber washers on the screws?
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Quote Originally Posted by Krilikz View Post
    Would rubber help at all?

Inside the casing, under the job wheel? Thats where most of the vibration is, since there are 2 little stands the keep the jog wheel touching the bottom of the case.
    Maybe rubber washers on the screws?
    Give it a go, i think it might be a problem with the entire unit vibrating though. So i do not think it would stop the issue, but its definantly worth a shot as if it works it would be a pretty easy fix.

Also i wonder if you could just work out of a decently padded laptop bag ?
    Last edited by BentoSan; 10-26-2008 at 10:48 AM.

Im telling you guys from experience. I've been dj-ing every night since wed until today sunday (I need a break!). And usually play 3 times a week w/my vci and it has not triggered the pitch +/-

For the people that need a laptop sleeve for the vci to try out, go to Target I think they go for $15 USD, they even have in pink!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Ok Guys, i dont exactly understand what you mean by Foam Pad !
    can you guys please demonstrate ?
    thanks

look up your local sheet rubber house...its an industrial goods thing but they are everywhere. i used to work at one, it was called rubber and gasket of america. you can buy open and closed cell foam in any thickness at whatever size. they also have silicon and natural rubber although that may cause a heat issue.

Tech Mentor

just wait til there is enough bass to throw a needle off your record... way cool... haha

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast