VCI Jog Wheel bass exposure fixes - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

glue tennis balls to the bottom like they used to do 4 TTs ;p

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by aiden View Post
    glue tennis balls to the bottom like they used to do 4 TTs ;p
    actually, a shim of some sort between the platter and base is not a bad idea. a small chunk of tennis ball would provide rubber to stick to the base, and felt which would allow the platter to slide but increase the tension.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    link ?
    HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE FREE FLOATS http://www.freefloat.net/content.php...ubsection_id=1

The freefloat lookslike a nice idea.. however I find it's size is too big for a VCI-100 (?)

I mean... comparing the size of a 1200 vs the VCI-100...
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

WOW, this jsut happened to me tonight! ... the bass in the after hours club was so heavy that it actually cut out my traktor signal...then would cut back in... happened like 5-6 times...I was like "WTF is going on?!" i ended up folding my jacket and placing it under the vci, hoping that it'd absorb some of the vibrations, but it happened again.. so we turn down the bass... it was sorta a bummer but I am FOR SURE going to invest in getting some foam or on of those freefloat thingies.

Quote Originally Posted by luigislaperig View Post
    HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE FREE FLOATS http://www.freefloat.net/content.php...ubsection_id=1
    These floaty things look interesting, i am not totally sure how well they would work with a VCI-100 but i know i would like to find out !

Again... it seems like a good idea, but comparing the size of a 1200mk2 vs a VCI-100 I guess the VCI will not fit in there... I have found a nice foam I can cut to the VCI's size.. but I don't know up to what extent it would really work.

If I go back to the Disco/Club and it happens again... I will be banned forever from there!! lol
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Tech Wizard

I wouldn't rule out the float so fast. Why not just get the pair (sell the extra one on here!)
    and get a board of plywood cut to the right size to go over it and boom, $30 floating platform for the VCI. You could paint or wrap the board with black canvas from IKEA.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    I wouldn't rule out the float so fast.
    I am a little skeptical but like you i wouldnt rule it out so fast.

ok...here is a quick fix. All you need is a piece of foam the size of ur vci, it has be atleast 1/4" to 1/2" thick to stop the sucker from going ape sh!t. I have already tired this at several venue without a problem or just get a flight case for ur vci plus it make you look like a super star dj when u walk in and everyone wants to know whats ur secert weapon. When I dont carry the fligh case with my vci i put a sleeve on it and put in my laptop bag to travel light and I also tired to stick it under and works like a charm.

Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast