Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What arcade buttons did you order??
    Just wondering.

Tech Wizard

these buttons:
    http://happcontrols.com/pushbuttons/5891xxl.htm

(But from another webpage)

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Like Norm Abram says, "Measure twice, cut once." and...
    "Before we use any power tools, let's take a moment to talk about shop safety. Be sure to read, understand, and follow all the safety rules that come with your power tools. Knowing how to use your power tools properly will greatly reduce the risk of personal injury. And remember this: there is no more important safety rule than to wear these — safety glasses."
    Another great tip.....might sound dumb....but believe me.....I know you all do it!

Don't smoke anything before you do any work on this!

Ps....me included!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

Update:

I've bought the micro controllers from sparkfun.com (3 UMC32 units) for $270 including shipping to sweden and insurance of the parcel.

I also ordered a new set of SANWA-buttons (supposed to be top of the line when it comes to arcade pushbuttons?) from: www.arcadespareparts.com. The 64 of them took a $192 chunk of my wallet including shipping and insurance of the parcel.

The controller boards are due July 16th and the buttons will arrive July 20th (if FedEx are true to their promises). So there will be some massive soldering early next week!

Oh, and I've also discovered that my new SANWA buttons only can be mounted in panels with an height of 2-5mm... which means that I'll have to get a new piece of acryl that's thinner than my current 6mm piece. (The upside is however, that with the sanwa buttons I'll have room for my sound card inside the box aswell since they are only 2.5cm in height compared to the previous buttons that were 6.5cm in height)

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Like Norm Abram says..
    I would love to get The Norm to do a segment on making cabs for some monster horn subs.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Another great tip.....might sound dumb....but believe me.....I know you all do it!

Don't smoke anything before you do any work on this!

Ps....me included!
    I disagree. The only thing that helps me get through the long and tedious task of soldering hundreds of connections, is burning one down...

"If you don't like my fire, then don't come around, 'cause i'm gonna burn one down."

Tech Mentor

tell me if this HID-device raving is getting annoying, but looking at the number of controls, you could've done this with two of these for a lot less money spent:
    http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836/

sure, you'd have to convert it to midi via software, but i've found this method to work like a charm.
    Stanton SCS3 System

Tech Wizard

yea, I've gleared at that solution too... but... besides the need for third party applications I also loose the LED functionality that I get with the UMC32:s...(the ability to toggle LED's from within traktors functions)

Tech Wizard

Updated the first post with the new design and some more info regarding the update.

Tech Mentor

seems like i've overlooked that one...
    the new design looks awesome! its getting quite expensive though.
    Stanton SCS3 System

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast