Soundcard : M-Audio Fast Track Pro - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hmm don't know about the freezes but keeps playing problem. I think my issue was a bit different. I avoided the issue by always unplugging my laptop before my set. That way no ground loops or potential power surges. Sorry I'm not more help.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Unplugginig your laptop is a good idea but not everyone has a 1hr set.
    Some of the DJs here work trough the night with their equipment.
    It is interesting that both VCI and AK1 gets frozen. There is still lots of room for a usb power problem (especially due to increased amp volume) but it sure can't be from the vibrations(or at least I think so, correct me if I'm wrong).
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ToS View Post
    Unplugginig your laptop is a good idea but not everyone has a 1hr set.
    Some of the DJs here work trough the night with their equipment.
    It is interesting that both VCI and AK1 gets frozen. There is still lots of room for a usb power problem (especially due to increased amp volume) but it sure can't be from the vibrations(or at least I think so, correct me if I'm wrong).
    ToS is correct. I'm doing around 5 hour sets at every gig i do so unplugging the laptop is not going to work unfortunately. I'm lucky enough to have a day job where i do very little and can actually bring my setup with me to practise/learn/enjoy lol. So i have hooked it all up tonight and found that 1 the rotary knob on top of the AK1 is the same original midi configuration for the main volume on the VCI. I have remapped main volume knob on the VCI as a page command. I'm not 100% sure at this stage if this is why the VCI is freezing up but i honestly hope that i discover that vibration has just been moving the knob and activating a page change. I have disabled this and all other commands in the AK1 control setup program as i don't use the AK1 midi function at this stage anyway.

At this stage i can really only guess that vibration is causing the knob to turn which leads me to believe the VCI has frozen although it actually has not. But possibly the vibration is causing to many signals sent out from the AK1 which is causing the crash?

I'll give it a run at the club with my new tweaks and see what happens. if i get a crash i will try putting a bed of foam under the soundcard as that is the only thing i have not tried at this stage.

Until then thanks for the help all. If i do have trouble i'll post the original thread i started so we can continue on there otherwise i may be taking this 1 off track a little.

Can anyone tell me how to set the fastrack pro up? I just switched from SL to traktor and I can't get the FTP to output the monitor signal to the headphone plug. When I switch the outputs in the Traktor menu it still outputs the main signal to the headphone plug.

If i move the mix knob in traktor and change the setting I get nothing, if I move the mix knob on the FTP and change the settings I get nothing.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234