VCI-100SE and Traktor Pro (list of fixes and improvements I made to Ean's 2.2.8 TSI) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    does soft takeover work properly with this now ?

How come it didnt work with eans ?
    Uhm, Ean just did not set the soft takeover in his TSI. I simply added it in a few places. Using soft takeover is definately a big adjustment. Since then I have frequently found myself doubting that something is properly mapped. So you have to look at the screen a lot more. This is why I spend time mapping MIDI out onto iTM DJ. Since iTM DJ can show me the current values if the various knobs. So now I have two screens I can look at to get the information about where I have to turn the knob to before I can make changes.

In my dream world, I could easily parse the exported TSI and then simply swap certain MIDI mappings to be soft takeover or not. But alas like I said the export format sucks and all of this is not possible.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

i thought there was a reason he hadnt done it though , i thought there were issues with using it within his mapping ?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Guru

Ok, adding jog wheel support turned out to be quite trivial:
    - added support to scroll through the tree with shift + outside of the left jog wheel
    - added support to scroll through the list with shift + outside of the right jog wheel
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    Ok, adding jog wheel support turned out to be quite trivial:
    - added support to scroll through the tree with shift + outside of the left jog wheel
    - added support to scroll through the list with shift + outside of the right jog wheel
    Oh My.. okay, i gotta try this now.
    sounds like it was an easy add.
    thanks lsmith!
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Jack Bastard

I'm getting 'error parsing file' when trying to import into Tpro 1.1.2.

What am I doing wrong?

Tech Guru

Hmm not sure. I just tried downloading and importing the file on a freshly installed laptop and all went well.

Jack Bastard

I downloaded the file you mentioned and it imported fine. It was also 70k smaller than the previous file I tried. Weird.

do you have a full image of this showing what all buttons do ? i thought i'd seen one in the past but can't see one now ?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    do you have a full image of this showing what all buttons do ? i thought i'd seen one in the past but can't see one now ?
    i dont have one yet. i only did a quick image to show the preview mappings. should be possible to get one done by this weekend.

I was so happy to see you getting the mapping further...
    But I can´t download an tsi file. its a txt file after downloading that has only tsi in the end. I am fresh meat here so maby there is a logical explanation?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast