Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    But yes, beatmasher should be 100% wet. Beatmashing only works well, when it completely covers the music. I am pretty much sure it has been 100% since the very beginning.
    scamo
    I'd say the exception is when beatmashing open drums, you can get some nice effects and change up basic drum loops nicely with a dry wet mix on the masher.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFunky View Post
    I'd say the exception is when beatmashing open drums, you can get some nice effects and change up basic drum loops nicely with a dry wet mix on the masher.
    I totally agree. This is how I use the Beatmasher typically on the remix decks, which is why I like it a little dryer!

Well, I'll sort of also take back what I said too, as The Riffer also "mixes in" and it is a total masher of beats. Haha...

But in the end, it comes down to what I've been saying all along. Effects and how they "effect" the music is just as subjective as everyone's taste in music and why I came out with the Builder version first. I knew, firstly, that my knowledge in effects isn't professional enough to pronounce this mapping as the greatest effects mapping of all time and secondly, music, mixing, effects etc. all come down to that human subjectivity, which means, I couldn't get the modes right for everyone, no matter how hard I tried. Everyone should just try to make their own effect modes or modify mine, so they have exactly what they want. I have given you all a basis to do it and mapping really isn't all that hard. NI was also looking at my earlier mappings too and I have pointed them to this one again, to remind them to fix a couple of bugs Traktor has with the FX Jogs Mode. Hope they get them fixed soon too, because what sounds like is coming up in the next version, might be a game changer in Effects control. I just hope we can also map the new controls too and they aren't locked out like with the Mix Decks. We'll see.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Hope they get them fixed soon too, because what sounds like is coming up in the next version, might be a game changer in Effects control. I just hope we can also map the new controls too and they aren't locked out like with the Mix Decks. We'll see.

scamo
    Where did you get the info about the possible future changes in effects control? Saw the video for the new Traktor mixer (with a "Flux" Mode) but haven't been able to find any other details.

Played with this last night, definitely offers some nice sounds. Though getting used to figuring out what is where will take some time.

I think I prefer it to the Instant Gratification style of effects control.

BTW the TSI comes with two F1 mappings and the S4 default, in case nobody has mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Where did you get the info about the possible future changes in effects control? Saw the video for the new Traktor mixer (with a "Flux" Mode) but haven't been able to find any other details.
    Just some reading around the Internet and knowing that is the next logical step to the Mix Decks.

scamo

Hey Scamo. This is the first chance I've had to play with your new mapping and I'm impressed. Still has some bugs to work out, but overall the mapping is amazing. A lot of the bugs are problems that happen when browsing the library. I tend to use my keyboard to browse (force of habit) and a lot of times if I do that it messes things up. Another thing is that sometimes when it gets messed up, the modifier reset doesn't fix it and I have to actually reimport the mapping to fix it. I'll try to pay attention next time I use it to see if I can narrow it down exactly.

Please do. Please try to note the steps you take, when you browse. I have a sort of "memory" set up for browsing and I don't think it is perfected yet. Also, when the modifiers hang and you want to reset, see if modifier 7 goes to 1, when you press the shift buttons. If modifier 7 goes to one, then the reset should work. If it doesn't, then the reset will not work.

I also found another bug too. And I could have sworn I had already fixed it. The gain adjustment when pressing shift doesn't work right. The effects modes change too. Ooops. Good thing it is a beta.

scamo

Tech Convert

Default Jesus!

I am blessed by you SCAMO!!!!!

Scamo, Nice Tsi. thx for it. I'm new whit it and have a lot to read and view your movie.
    Just a question, how can I control the deck's effects A and C?
    This I found in a manual of you:
    5. Press "Shift" and turn the Deck C Gain Knob to control Deck A's effects
    modes. Press "Shift" and turn the Deck D Gain Knob to control Deck B's
    effects modes.
    Thx Mad

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast