Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Hi all,

using traktor 2.1.2

installed this today, i can get the effects select to work (ie i can scroll though the effect) all the led light up in the sequence that they should depending on what effect i wana use. problem is the jog wheel isnt enabling the effects for me at all

also my effect 1/3 are different than 2/4 even when i first load the file ie.
    "Press the load button on both decks" even after i follow this i don't get the following:

"Even though the indication is missing, you are now in
    Mode 1 – "Ean's Beatmasher" on both decks."

the above dosent happen for me my left decks effects are different than right
    Last edited by Dj DoUg; 09-13-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Sorry, I forgot to mention it. This version works with Traktor 2.5.0 and isn't tested at all for older versions. Try installing the mapping a second time and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then upgrading to 2.5.0 might be your only fix.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to mention it. This version works with Traktor 2.5.0 and isn't tested at all for older versions. Try installing the mapping a second time and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then upgrading to 2.5.0 might be your only fix.

scamo

No worries i will upgrade thanks again for all your hard work!!!!

btw does your 4.3 or 4.4. release work on anything below 2.5? just incase i cant upgrade yet?

Yes, they should work with older versions of Traktor. Only Version 5 works with 2.5.0.

scamo

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey all. In case someone else wonders why effects in this mapping aren't working in earlier versions of traktor than 2.5 it is because NI have made changes in effect unit mapping by joining groupFX and singleFX pages in to one tab.

@scamo - Got any mix out of your mapping? Would like to hear how rest of jogFX modes sound like so you can maybe give me some idea that fit my workflow.

Quick question: is Ean's Beatmasher (preset 1) supposed to start at 100% wet when you press the jogwheel? My older version doesn't start that way. For my style, 100% is just too much, and makes it seem very loud. I know I can change the parameters, but I was just curious if this is how he designed it to sound (or if there is something wrong with my setup/mapping).

Tech Convert

this is so rad, scamo for president!!

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Quick question: is Ean's Beatmasher (preset 1) supposed to start at 100% wet when you press the jogwheel? My older version doesn't start that way. For my style, 100% is just too much, and makes it seem very loud. I know I can change the parameters, but I was just curious if this is how he designed it to sound (or if there is something wrong with my setup/mapping).
    It is probably the reverb that is making it too loud. But yes, beatmasher should be 100% wet. Beatmashing only works well, when it completely covers the music. I am pretty much sure it has been 100% since the very beginning.

scamo

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey all. In case someone else wonders why effects in this mapping aren't working in earlier versions of traktor than 2.5 it is because NI have made changes in effect unit mapping by joining groupFX and singleFX pages in to one tab.

@scamo - Got any mix out of your mapping? Would like to hear how rest of jogFX modes sound like so you can maybe give me some idea that fit my workflow.
    Good point on the effects. I forgot about that.

And nope, no mix yet, where I've used the other effect modes. I am finding ways to use the effects with my F1 and MF3d (in F1 mode) and want to add the techniques into my preview video. But I also need to find time to practice.....just not enough time.....

scamo

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    It is probably the reverb that is making it too loud. But yes, beatmasher should be 100% wet. Beatmashing only works well, when it completely covers the music. I am pretty much sure it has been 100% since the very beginning.

scamo
    That's so strange. The first time I used the Beatmasher was with the DJTT S4 mapping, and then yours. I never, ever changed the settings, and yet when I press the jogwheel it starts at about 50% Dry/Wet (until this mapping). Weird. I understand the 100% thing, but here's how I use the Beatmasher: I grab a beat/sound and the turn the jogwheel counterclockwise quickly so the effect essentially isn't heard (then I have that sound "cued" up). I keep the jogwheel pressed in, and then I like to slowly turn it clockwise to drop the trippy sound over the mix, fading it in and out and altering the pattern by using the jogwheel. With 100%, I can't do this without a LOUD dramatic filtery sound, but I can make some changes to the mapping for my tastes! Love the mapping, though.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast