Foreign sayings creeping into your daily lives - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I have picked up a good few words. I work with a bunch of Britons...so picked up Mate....Bruv...Muppets...Bollocks.

Not really foreign...but the youngsters these days (Oh god...did I just say that?) have their own style now.
    You know, the shortened text and what nots.

I ended up picking up WOOT....which for those who don't know....is a Whistle.

I also use EISH a lot, but thats a locally used word by our black brothers.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    No Wuckas. Shortened form of "No Wucking Forries" ... Yall can figure that one out
    Ahhh....was real close to picking this up. Used it a few times...but thats about it.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

Quote Originally Posted by Terpit View Post
    'word'
    I think its an American thing, i just dont know anymore
    Ahh yes...WORD!

Picked that up YEARS ago...from Fresh Prince I think.

HAHAHAHA

Cool thread.

"fair suck of the sav"

^ your homework.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Aussies+Kiwis that use the word 'ranga' to describe a ginger is one of my favourites

Fuck off mate, this one's a banger. You some kinda cunt or sumink? I'll have your bollocks inna vice and snip your 'elmet off.

I don't really get how you can pick up words from a forum, though...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

I work with a lot of Poloish and Russians..... so now instead of saying fuck, shit, or damit, I instead find myself saying:

Spelt the way it sounds to me

Currrrrva: Polish

Blat!: Russian or Ukrainian, Ill have to check

Bangsat! Indonesian, I speak Indonesian fluently.

Although all three differ in actual proper defination, the setiment is the much the same.

I interchange these three, although I tend to use the appropriate term when loosing at foosball depending if im playing against the russians or the polish.

I also call all my greek friends "malaka"
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Aussies+Kiwis that use the word 'ranga' to describe a ginger is one of my favourites
    i ressemble that colloquialism
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

I'm Canadian and somehow 'innit' has become part of my regular vocab. Saying 'proper' in the UK sense has picked up quite a bit too.

This Ranga seems to be using 'good job' a lot. Yet another SmiTTTenism.
    356 reasons why

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast