Akai MPK-49 or M-audio Axiom Pro 49
    Tech Wizard

Default Akai MPK-49 or M-audio Axiom Pro 49

Hello guys!

Going to buy one of these controllers today and use it for music creation. Have not choose one yet. Both seem good and the price is almost the same, 379€ for Akai and 399 for M-audio.

Was told in store MPK has better keyboard feeling and the pads are great. Axiom got very nice faders and its new on the market.

What would you say? Which one is better? Pros/cons?

Tech Wizard

I've heard great things about both. My suggestion is to go feel both of them out yourself. When I was thinking about getting one of these I was leaning to the akai, but I could only find the axioms. In the end, I got an MPD instead, and I just now got a maschine. I seem unable to buy anything with keys.

Tech Wizard

Tested it in store yesterday. Well, both have semi-weighted keys. But MPK has noticeable more resistance, which I do not like. As for the pads MPK is said to be better but I tested the signals and Axiom's seems to be more precise but maybe its because it was demo product and not new one. Axiom's faders are 100% better but MPK has appregiator and keyhold which is realy cool.

I still can not decide, to be honest...

Feel free to recommend any other master keyboards, if you know any as good or better.

Here are the links, btw.
    http://www.akaipro.com/mpk49
    http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/AxiomPro49.html

Tech Wizard

Got my Novaion 49SL MkII today and pretty happy with it so far. :]