Traktor Pro VCI-100 Mapping, No overlay needed, designed for 1.2 firmware. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    The only thing left to do on that TSI, when I have time, is to map some remaining controls in the effects section when the master LED is lit.

The effects 1 & 2 on/off is actually a toggle, so you can do some funky swapping around of 1 & 2 depending on whats active
    This is really nice. As a total newbie (both at DJ:ing and Traktor) I have a few questions.

I noticed that the four buttons below the discs work differently on deck A and deck B. For deck A, "Set cue" sets a cue flag each time it's pressed, but for deck B it does nothing. Why is this?

(Also, could somebody please tell me how to remove cue flags?)

I also wonder why the effect knobs aren't mapped correctly, although I know this is on purpose. Shouldn't D/W be the knob to the left and not the one to the right? There are 4 on-screen knobs and 4 real knobs on the VCI-100 so they match up really well. In addition, why is the button below the very right knob mapped to toggling effects on/off? This function is already labeled to the Effect buttons in the center of the VCI-100.

I am sorry if I have misunderstood a lot of things. I am new to this. Thanks a bunch for this very nice TSI. Everything else works great for me.

Ok.. to answer the questions.
    The reason the knobs arent mapped identically to the screen layout is because firmware 1.2, for which this TSI is designed, has a bug (as does 1.1), where the button below the far right effects knob, actually sends the same signals as some other buttons on the VCI, effectively making is very difficult to use.

It is for this reason that I shifted the d/w knob over to the right side, instead of the left, because the remaining 3 knobs then get a working button underneath them, where the d/w doesn't need one, and therefore it doesn't matter that the knob under it can't be used.

The set cue issue on deck b is probably just an oversight. It is intended to be mapped in an identical way to deck a.

Thanks a bunch. I fixed the cue issue myself. It was just a matter of duplicating your setting for deck A and use it for deck B. I've had this VCI-100 for a year and now is the first time I am gonna be able to actually use it.

Again, thanks a bunch.

This works really well and convinced to go to traktor pro instead of 3.4. One thing I miss though is the sync lights going green when on as i have a habit of forgetting they are on after a few drinks and all hell can break loose when spinning and cuing. Any way to make these go green when pressed?

Glad you guys are finding the mapping useful.
    I will add commands for when the master red light is lit in the effects section shortly, then start on the 1.3 version

Tech Convert

Great mapping, but just one question. Is the Effect button for Deck A not lighting up for anyone else? Deck B's is. Or maybe my LED is broken, which would suck since I just got it today.

I've just had a look at this, and there appears to be an issue. This is probably with the TSI mapping file and not your LED.

If you use the effect select buttons to turn on FX bank 2, the effect button LED for the appropriate deck should light up, but it does not. It does however work if you turn on FX bank 1. I'm sure its probably just a missing output command in my TSI, which I will sort out shortly.

Ok,

I have found and fixed the output LED issue, so that the effects buttons for the decks now light up if you have either bank 1 or bank 2 selected. There is however, a side effect which still needs to be resolved, which I think is caused by the order in which traktor processes the midi map.

If you have FX bank 2 active, and hit the effect button for the deck, it will correctly switch off bank 2, and turn on bank 1 (its a toggle as explained previously). However, doing this, causes the LED for effect button for that deck to turn off (It should stay on, because you still have at least one FX bank active on that deck). It works fine in reverse (toggling FX 1 to off, and FX 2 to on). I'm sure modifiers could be used to get around this, but for now, you'll just have to live with it, or mod the TSI yourselves

I've also fixed the missing set cue command as mentioned previously. The upload link at the top of the thread has the corrected TSI file.

Tech Convert

Thanks very much for the help, but it appears it may in fact be my VCI-100. Rather than the effect button for Deck A lighting up properly, the one for Deck B appears to light up with a small blue dot. I guess I'll contact Vestax =(.

hey guys this is my first time using the vci 100 with traktor pro and i dont know how to midi map, im using my windows pc until i get a laptop. so i wonder if any body could help me please.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast