The Traktor Bible - ON SALE NOW (EU & US) - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I bought a copy yesterday, quite curious whats in it.
    Even if i know would knew everythig thats in there, i gotta support you guys for putting so much work into it.
    Last edited by plusplus; 06-23-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Tech Guru

Ordered for support. This is a great thing you guys have done, and I appreciate all the work you've put in. Good luck!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by RainerHaselier View Post
    You are lucky living in Belgium. The company that prints and ships the EU edition is from Belgium as well, that's why delivery is so cheap.

Rainer
    I was not so lucky ordering the VCI-100SE from San Francisco hehe (allthough i feel very lucky that i could order the SE ! and that i now have it in my proud ownership)
    and my luck is turning even more with a Belgium delivery!
    Now up to nr1 DJ of the world... oke i might be pushing my luck there hehe

Quote Originally Posted by dacuba View Post
    Yes, and I'm considering to buy it after my belgian friend gives me some feedback on the book
    I allready had read the pdf sample from the book that is on the website of the Traktor Bible about beatgrids and i must say i love the way it is written, so i'm pretty sure i'll love the whole book because i'll be intrested in every part since i'm a rookie bedroom DJ

I'm curious when this delivery will come through, can't be long if the send from inside Belgium

I just tried to download the tutorial no.4 pdf from the website, but the pdf that I got appeared to be the whole book, well every say 10th page of the whole book, from the start, right to the end...

The PDF you downloaded contains the Table of Content, Index and some sample pages of the book. It is not the whole book, that would be stupid...

Best,

Rainer
    www.traktorbible.com/freaks
    The largest (and original) Traktor midi maps portal on the internet.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RainerHaselier View Post
    The PDF you downloaded contains the Table of Content, Index and some sample pages of the book. It is not the whole book, that would be stupid...
    Well lets not say "stupid", its just not your business model and thats totally fine. I still maintain that especially for an author that uses print to order, it should be entirely possible to have the expectation that people who actually like what they see in the PDF, that they will bu the book. Not only because they prefer to have something in their hands that looks decent and doesnt fall apart so easily, but also because they want to support you because of all of the other stuff you already give away for free.

I wonder given the high level of scriptability of PDF these days, if there isnt some solution where in order to read the PDF one would need to authenticate against some server. Printing would also be disabled. This way you could at least have some control over the PDF use and at worst shut down the service if you feel it gets abused.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

If you read my post, I said it was every 10th page or so, from the start to the end.
    Given that it was entitled tutorial no.4, the formatting of the pdf was not obviously apparent.

I recieved the "bible" last week and have been reading through the first few chapters.

My compliments to Rainier, as it is an interesting read, even though you know a lot of stuff already. You still have the feeling there's something new to be found in every new sentence. If you have been reading a lot of software books, you know that's the main thing that is hard to do: keep your readers interested, especially if they already know half.

There are quite a few clearical errors in the book, especially in the sidesteps, so you might wanna read through it for the next edition. But then again, it seems quite logical as you're not a native English speaker (neither am I for that matter).

Really happy with this book!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Ordered for support. This is a great thing you guys have done, and I appreciate all the work you've put in. Good luck!
    Wow now that is high praise indeed. And for my small part in the book im quite happy to go up and accept the acclaim from nem0nic (on behalf of Rainer as well of course) especially coming from someone that i have huge respect for.

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post

There are quite a few clearical errors in the book, especially in the sidesteps, so you might wanna read through it for the next edition.
    Just pointing the irony of "clearical errors" in a post about clerical errors

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    But then again, it seems quite logical as you're not a native English speaker (neither am I for that matter).

Really happy with this book!
    Thats all cool. There were bound to be errors left in from the German to English then English Edited translation. It wasnt an easy task , a lot harder than we anticipated especially with terms that didnt directly translate from German to English. The endeavor was to make it read Very English not American English .
    Please feel free to email any errors to the contact address so that we can learn and improve for our future updates .
    Feedback is very important to us.

Glad your enjoying the book.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Please feel free to email any errors to the contact address so that we can learn and improve for our future updates .
    Feedback is very important to us.
    I have a degree in English, so if you want me to add any of my wordsmything skills let me know.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast