MF3D Launcher - Advanced Ableton Mapping (script) - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Valencia View Post
    Dude, that works amazing now! I´m well happy with my set up now...

So I´ve set up an 8x4 kit in Battery across banks 3 & 4. That way I figured that I could have a bit more freedom playing with what effectively are 2 Drum Kits, and then the clips from Ableton... boom!

Thanks a lot man
    That's awesome man, you're welcome I'm really glad it worked out! Would love to see a performance video!

Tech Mentor

Would it be a way of making the clip colours on bank 2, to match the colours of the actual clips in Live?
    I actually started working on this idea
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=63166

Quote Originally Posted by ghztomash View Post
    I actually started working on this idea
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=63166

You´re the man tomash!!
    Last edited by Chico Valencia; 11-26-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Oh, I got another suggestion if that´s cool... how could I set up different tilt mappings for each bank? As you know, I got Battery 3 across banks 3 & 4 controlling drums, and I´d be interested to have slightly different effects on them. Thanks man

Tech Mentor

Oh, I got another suggestion if that´s cool... how could I set up different tilt mappings for each bank? As you know, I got Battery 3 across banks 3 & 4 controlling drums, and I´d be interested to have slightly different effects on them. Thanks man
    Hey Chico! Not bad idea if understood correctly, but unfortunately the tilt messages are independent of the banks, they send the same CC message no matter in what bank you are, what I think you could do is make some effect racks with a chain selector or something, and map that to the bank buttons. (or use the side buttons for that)

Hey Chico! Not bad idea if understood correctly, but unfortunately the tilt messages are independent of the banks, they send the same CC message no matter in what bank you are, what I think you could do is make some effect racks with a chain selector or something, and map that to the bank buttons. (or use the side buttons for that)
    Hey thanks a lot for your suggestion.
    Oh my, yeah I´m gonna try to do that... you mean just by MIDI mapping right? would I have to change anything of the current script though?

Tech Mentor

Hey thanks a lot for your suggestion.
    Oh my, yeah I´m gonna try to do that... you mean just by MIDI mapping right? would I have to change anything of the current script though?
    nope nothing to change in the script!

Would love to see a performance video!
    Here you go man, I´m not launching any clips on Bank 2, but simply playing with NI Battery 3 across banks 3 & 4... boom!

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey guys -some really cool stuff here.

I just wanted to touch base and advise that the upcoming firmware/utility update will allow you to set the side buttons and tilt messages to also be banked. This should make Ableton mapping/templates much easier to develop for you.

This will not be the default behavior, but just look for a new check box in the settings

Default help! D:

is there any way you could post a video for people who are pretty new to all this and dont know how to edit mappings for their own sound? i would love you forever.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast