$13 six-channel audio interface
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default $13 six-channel audio interface

Hi. I just picked up one of these: http://bit.ly/Nr8vvf for $13. It seems to work really well as a dj audio interface. I've been able to mix two tracks in traktor externally without any problems. Is there really a downside to using this card over a professional card?

I don't know that card but if they support drivers long term it would be good. And I doubt you get really good audio quality out from the digital to audio converter but then again you are not driving $1000 studio reference monitors, right. And I would be a little bit careful when transporting such cheap systems around in case the construction is weak.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by drusha View Post
    Hi. I just picked up one of these: http://bit.ly/Nr8vvf for $13. It seems to work really well as a dj audio interface. I've been able to mix two tracks in traktor externally without any problems. Is there really a downside to using this card over a professional card?
    Its almost the same as the Encore one I bought for my APC40 mod and same chipset I believe and internal parts (C-media)

Downsides

• Latency - I havent noticed a problem on OSX (10ms) but windows users have reported it them bad
    • Sound Quality on outputs - certainly not up to a "pro standard" but on par with most All-In-One DJ units I've heard and most consumer level "DJ" sound cards e.g. Numark I/O, mixvibes U-mix, Maya 4/4 etc.
    • Sound Quality on Inputs - SUCKS bigtime - really noisy on mic and line inputs!

If you are playing bigger, higher quality sound systems, or have a decent set of cans or studio monitors you might notice the difference quite a bit. For home/hobby use, bars and small clubs it shouldn't be any issue.

Tech Wizard

The main thing I'm concerned about is latency. I've been having some latency problems in Ableton and am wondering if the fact that I'm using a consumer interface is the problem.

I'm not noticing any issues with Ableton on a Mac/Coreaudio

However on Windows, drivers may be an issue as I mentioned and I honestly don't really know what you could do about it apart from getting a better interface.

First thing I'd do, is try it out with Asio4all. It'll be more likely to get your latency down below 10ms.

Unless you're happy with how it's performing - in that case, leave well enough alone! If it ain't broken, don't fix it...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    First thing I'd do, is try it out with Asio4all. It'll be more likely to get your latency down below 10ms.

Unless you're happy with how it's performing - in that case, leave well enough alone! If it ain't broken, don't fix it...
    He mentioned in another thread he's on a Macbook, the latency caused possibly by him clock syncing Ableton with Traktor ....

wow, where were these things when i first started tinkering around.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Wizard

can anyone please give some feedback regarding latency/drivers in windows?

Looking at that print layout I can SEE it sounds bad....
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast