Sos
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sos

Tech Wizard

Default Sos

I recently bought DJ FOR ALL and want to use it on VirtualDJ, how to? Anyone have a map done?

Tech Wizard

or even for traktor, i just dont like deckdance

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi there,

I was looking for traktor mapping for you on internet and can't seem to find any... That give one more reason to help you. I can make traktor mapping for you and everybody else but since I don't have this controller you could give me some input on midi massages those knobs and buttons are sending. It shouldn't be much work since there are not many controls on unit surface. If you are interested let me know.

Tech Wizard

http://www.djtechpro.com/product_det...product_id=520

or what do you mean?

im new in all these midi things
    Last edited by brgb; 08-13-2012 at 08:25 AM.

I know which product it is that's not what I meant. I was talking about midi assignments for each control. Every button, knob and jogwheel has it's unique value, for exanple:

button - C1 or E#2
    knob - CC023

Go into "preferences" and click on "controller manager" then add new command. It doesn't matter which one, pick any.
    Add command first.jpg

Next step click on learn.

Click learn.jpg

That should be enough to walk you in. After clicking "learn" when it highlite in, you can move any knob or press any button to see which midi note does it send in midi. You will notice those values displaying in slot right next to learn button. Now, all you need to do is to make some image with diagram of all buttons, knobs and both jogweels so I can later manually map them in mapping and share it here for you to test it. I did something like this before and here is example of diagram for ctrl-7 that xhaze was cool to make for me when I was helping him about his mapping. Take a look.

midimapfinal.jpg

Make sure it is some good resolution pic.
    Last edited by Stewe; 09-17-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Pic re-up

Tech Wizard

I have a questiom for example if Instead of one of the buttons on the bottom to be for the flanger effect you can do that?

That's not problem i can add jog FX for that button for example. I could then make your version of mapping (flanger) and then maybe add some more stuff.

Tech Wizard

This is the dj for all with out codes:

WITH codes:

and the codes with explanations on what i want them to do :3 :

Thanks in advance, if you dont understand something let me know :3
    Last edited by brgb; 08-14-2012 at 01:31 AM.

Nice work. Only one thing is not right tho. How can EQ knobs send notes (that buttons do)? Those need to be CC (controller change) same as your line faders and crossfader in order to map it properly. Also, would be nice if you add all assignments to image - there are three round buttons in mixer section unassigned and some more in below the jogwheels. Can you add that? And please double chack all controls so there could be no issues later on.

Steve

The knobs probably have a center detent that sends a seperate midi note... That's what my Icon Idj has.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast