Deleting hot cues with just 1 button? - (a thought) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You need to follow me dude, I gave you instructions for first modifier. If you done it right and work like I described continue with adding Modifier 2 with same settings as Modifier 1 only with exception of modifier conditions. You must specify those M1=7 It should look like this:

Add in Modifier 2
    Modifier conditions - M1=7
    Type of controller - button
    Interaction mode - inc
    Auto repeat check

yea i totally got that, thats how it keeps scrolling up and up to w/e ever modifier you end at. we're on the same page on this. this concept was pretty easy to figure out.

my set up works just like your video. only that i go only up to M2 = 7 (so just a shorter time before it deletes the cue on release)

however, everytime u trigger the cue button it jumps to the hot cue. so there's no avoiding not jumping back to the cue if you want to delete it. you know what i mean?
    Last edited by Kensic; 08-10-2012 at 02:40 PM.

For that map "Jump to active cue point". Its part of EGE slicer mapping. I had trouble finding this command in 2.5 version.

but thanks for your help, it made me think abit. this concept can be dangerous because it might conflict with all the other mappings that might accidentally set off while the modifier scrolls through.

but definitely a good lesson learn here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensic View Post
    but thanks for your help, it made me think abit. this concept can be dangerous because it might conflict with all the other mappings that might accidentally set off while the modifier scrolls through.

but definitely a good lesson learn here.
    It shouldn't mess anything if you use new midi generic device only for this hotcue delete mapping.

I'm glad you got it on quick as expected, it's nice idea man keep em coming.

Let's also hope NI comes up with a better and more flexible midi mapping solution, which they have said is time to attack, because such workarounds as scrolling through 7 modifiers to create a timer means the system just isn't meeting the users' current wants and needs.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

I agree, but, while waiting for NI to come up with new features we have to work it around somehow

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123