Deleting hot cues with just 1 button? - (a thought) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

stewe- wow thats awesome, and you're right i did not understand how to line up the modifiers till last night as i was researching and started to see that this is possible

thanks for the visual of how it actually looks like. keep it up man! in the future, would you mind me coming to you for help if i run into problems with mapping? my VCI 400 is on its way. and i plan to map everything to my taste

how did you set up the modifiers to scroll up like that? i cant replicate your mapping

@stewe - that is a nice idea, but a huge waste of modifiers, which are very scarce from a mapping perspective to begin with.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    @stewe - that is a nice idea, but a huge waste of modifiers, which are very scarce from a mapping perspective to begin with.

scamo
    You can add another midi device giving you additional 7 modifiers. Like I said before it would be best to start mapping from there. I agree modifiers are limitation but that s something we can expect to happen hopefully till 3.5 version.

My custom mapping has 10 generic devices and still adding That is problem with traktor - it's taking a neap while importing tsi since it's huge map. It's all good while performing, just this annoying minute of waiting to import... It would be great to have two of more controllers with ultimate mappings but traktor isn't designed for such that. This can be overcome with adding more modifiers like at least double it to 16 so more stuff can be mapped in frame of one generic device leaving less pages in controller editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensic View Post
    stewe- wow thats awesome, and you're right i did not understand how to line up the modifiers till last night as i was researching and started to see that this is possible

thanks for the visual of how it actually looks like. keep it up man! in the future, would you mind me coming to you for help if i run into problems with mapping? my VCI 400 is on its way. and i plan to map everything to my taste
    I did short video how it works. Isn't actually deleting hotcue while holding button - it happen on release of button. You can imagine modifiers like sort of buffer so when modifiers scroll to last position then delete hotcue become ready. I also mapped LED outputs that indicate buffer size while hotcue is holding. That's for video purpose and maybe you can map just one flashing LED on same hotcue button.

ok nvm i got it scroll up, however. because it scrolls starting from M1=0 therefore it will jump back to the hot cue....before it can scrolls through then delete the hotcue.

yup i got it to work exactly like your video on my laptop. so your video shows the concern that i have.

im thinking of a way to see if it can start scrolling from M1=1, so it doesnt jump to the cue spot

Start new mapping and add Modifier 1 / button / inc / auto repeat check. This will make values to scroll from 0 to 7 and every next time you press button it will stay at 7... That's why you need to duplicate modifier 1, set as button, check invert, set as hold. After this when you scroll modifier and release button - modifier value should jump back to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Start new mapping and add Modifier 1 / button / inc / auto repeat check. This will make values to scroll from 0 to 7 and every next time you press button it will stay at 7... That's why you need to duplicate modifier 1, set as button, check invert, set as hold. After this when you scroll modifier and release button - modifier value should jump back to 0.
    yup all figured out....dont think we can solve the issue at my post #16

Quote Originally Posted by Kensic View Post
    yup all figured out....dont think we can solve the issue at my post #16
    Your deck is stopped I guess? With deck stopped it's normal behavior. Play the track

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Your deck is stopped I guess? With deck stopped it's normal behavior. Play the track
    yup deck is playing.

so pretty much, track is playing, press/release droping a cue *track still playing* > press/hold *it jumps back to the cue spot, and the track still plays*, 5-6 secs later i release then the cue is deleted.

your setup doesn't do that? it seems like it is in the video.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast