Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - Builder Version
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - Builder Version

The goal of this Builder mapping is to give everyone the basis to create their own mappings with their own effect groups or modes.

The tutorial video attached to this mapping is about the fundamentals of my mapping and it is my first video, so go easy on me.;-) I'll be coming out with a "How to map my mapping" video very soon and it will be posted in the DJTT.com forum. I'll see if I can edit in a link to the video here too, so everyone using this mapping can also be informed about its release and be able to learn the basics to mapping their own effects modes.

In this thread, I go more in depth into how the mapping works and how to map an FX mode with the builder mapping.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56596

To install this mapping, open the "Preferences" window in Traktor and click on the big "Import" button at the bottom left. Find the Builder TSI file you downloaded here on your computer, select it and press "Open". Then press "Ok" to accept the categories to import. Do this import procedure twice to make sure the mapping has installed correctly.

I hope you have fun with this mapping and you all start posting forks of my mapping here with your ideas of effect modes. I'd really like that!:-)

scamo

Update: 5.0.2

Feature addition 1: In this mapping, you do not have to press shift to select effect modes with the gain knobs, once you are in FX Jogs mode.
    Feature addtion 2: You can now press shift to adjust the gain, when in FX jogs mode.
    Bug correction: Selection of FX modes, when not in FX Jogs mode fixed. If you are not in FX Jogs mode, the gain knobs only adjust gain values for the channels now.

Update: 5.0.3

Fixed issue with increments only going to 4 and not 7.
    Fixed issue with set value for knob 3 of the grouped effect units.

Update: 5.0.4

Fixed issue with modifier 8
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Ahhhh, i can't see the video! i was really curious about that
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

For your first video it's great! Like idea how you marked each FX mode and increment stuff on shift is very nice addition. I have only expected to hear more of effects.

Got one question for ya. When 14th mode is reached can you turn it further to right to jump back in first or you must scroll it all the way left?

It is great mapping.

No, if you hit 14, you have to scroll back down. But, it is really fast. You can go from 1 to 14 or back again with about 2 full turns of the gain knob.

scamo

Quote Originally Posted by CionniAsDj View Post
    Ahhhh, i can't see the video! i was really curious about that
    Is Youtube blocking it for Italy? That would be a shame. I hope it doesn't get blocked for more countries. If it wouldn't take so long, I'd upload it to Vimeo or Facebook too. Maybe in a few days.....

scamo

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Is Youtube blocking it for Italy? That would be a shame. I hope it doesn't get blocked for more countries. If it wouldn't take so long, I'd upload it to Vimeo or Facebook too. Maybe in a few days.....

scamo
    Oh yes, blocked.
    Waiting for it then
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.

Tech Wizard

scamooooooo! lookin' gooooood m8
    ty for new version!!

i managed to see the video, good work!! really interesting.

Soundcloud.

Hey everyone,

Good news and bad. Two things have happened since yesterday. Firstly, I was working on the "How to map my mapping" video yesterday evening and I ran into a very stupid bug. Basically, you can turn on the effects (the modifier selection) with shift and the gain knobs, even though you are not in FX Jogs mode. This is really stupid only because I have only been testing how things should work all the time, but not how things should not work, like if someone starts screwing with shift and gain knobs, even though they aren't in FX Jogs mode. And yes, it could happen in the heat of DJ'ing and what this mistake ends up doing is screwing up the modifiers, should the mode be set to "0" and FX Jogs is turned on and unfortunately, there is no simple way to get around this issue.

The second thing that happened is, a user asked me via PM yesterday, if there is some way to use the pitch fader to select the effect modes, so he has a hand free to continue to work with. (And thanks for such feedback. It really helps!) That got me thinking too, because, yes, to make the mapping workflow even better, it would be very, very useful to have a free hand to possibly select effect modes on the other decks while "Jogging" away, but having to press shift and turn a gain knob means you always need two hands and must release the jog.

Well, the good news is, I found a very good solution to both problems and I am almost finished with the "re"mapping of the Builder mapping. The new changes work pretty damn good too.

What will be different in the new Builder release?

Once you are in FX Jog mode by pressing the "Load" button, the gain knobs automatically turn into the FX mode controls. No need to press shift anymore. If you want to control the gain of a channel again, you just have press shift. Aha!

The bad news is, the full mapping is now delayed some more, as I always have to start from scratch with the Builder and add all the modes to it. (don't worry, it doesn't take too long to add the effect modes and it is much safer and actually easier than adding the changes to the full version, believe me, it is.)

So, look out for 5.0.2 Builder coming real soon!

scamo

Love the changes you are implementing. Definitely worth the wait. Keep us updated, and thanks again for the hard work.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast