Want to properly start producing my own music - Logic or Ableton? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    They know what they did with FCP X, but from what I can see, most of the pro world was using Premiere or Media Composer anyway. People are pissed, obviously, but they all just switched. And I think Apple either learned their lesson or doesn't miss them……man, I hope it's the former. Then again, it's only pros and wanna-be pros that are pissed. People moving up from iMovie love it. And they'll never work with a post house or filmographer that can't open their movies. And there are a lot more people with a dSLR that can shoot video who want something that looks better than pressing pause on a cam-corder between shots than there are people making legit movies who care about opening old projects and exchanging stuff with other editors.

Then again, just becuase FCP X is a worthless steaming pile of dog crap doesn't mean pros can't still use FCP 9……everyone I know who used FCP 9 is still using FCP 9 and debating between Media Composer and Premiere……and a lot of them are moving to Premiere just because they already have to use After Effects. Avid has one kind of stranglehold and Adobe has another. Apple has……iMovie. It makes perfect sense to me, even if it sucks for some people……who tend not to be early adopters anyway because they can't afford the downtime.
    From all that I saw over the years, most were using Avid or Final Cut. Apple wanted to make something little better than iMovie but easy to use for the consumer crowd like you said who wants something little bit better at editing. Just about everyone has a video camera on something nowadays. There pro market was already small so they ditched it.

They only got up to FCP 7 before going straight to X, weird huh? When all this happened, Adobe had already been working on Premiere making it better and they stepped it up after FCP X came out. I already had it, so it was a no brainer and I was using After Effects. Plus I wanted more use of RAM and it gave me that. Also when you can get Adobe Master Collection for same price of Media Composer, that's another reason.

Anyway…if you like Logic, then buy it and use it and who gives a flying fuck what Apple does with Logic 10. If it blows, don't upgrade.

More than half the pro studio world is on Pro Tools 8……which was still built for Power PCs. The current version is 10.2.
    haha, I still use Snow Leopard and PT9, it works and I didn't feel like paying 300 bucks for a PT10 upgrade either. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
    DJ Setup: MacBook Pro, TSP 2.5, (2) Stanton STR8-100, Ecler NUO4, Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, Stanton DJ Pro 2000 headphones, Ortofon Nightclub needles.

Banned

hi
    Last edited by tekki; 07-11-2012 at 02:15 AM.

bye!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by djdunamis View Post
    what's wrong with the Midi?
    Logic has more tools for MIDI editing, Live's usable but many tools are missing.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Logic has more tools for MIDI editing, Live's usable but many tools are missing.
    care to expound on that, I'm curious.
    DJ Setup: MacBook Pro, TSP 2.5, (2) Stanton STR8-100, Ecler NUO4, Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, Stanton DJ Pro 2000 headphones, Ortofon Nightclub needles.

IMG_1555.jpgIMG_1556.jpgIMG_1557.jpg
    Anyway…if you like Logic, then buy it and use it and who gives a flying fuck what Apple does with Logic 10. If it blows, don't upgrade.

More than half the pro studio world is on Pro Tools 8……which was still built for Power PCs. The current version is 10.2.

If you have something that works, you don't have to upgrade for a long time if you don't want to. It won't work worse tomorrow just because something new came out.

Pre-roll. Look it up. Actually, it might be called count-in. Can't quite remember.

(didn't actually let it load…first duck duck go result) http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Log...ser_Manual.pdf
    Thats what im gonna do man, im learning :-)

Ill check out Pro Tools tho, not ever seen it before.

And thanks, i checked up about pre-roll/count-in. and it said to go into settings > record and change it via that, but i have adjusted it in many ways and its still staying the same... Its basically one BAR extra at the begining, it doesnt start on bar 1. ive attatched some pics, hope u can help, thanks!!!
    Last edited by Superfreak; 07-11-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: pictures

No idea. There might be a similar setting in playback. I don't remember changing it from the default when I was using Logic, and a count-in while recording was something I always used.

And I don't have Logic installed because it's ready to be sold, so I can't check.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345