Anyone in UK got VCI-100 SE? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hey weltraumpapst,
    I ordered mine here and could convince the customs dudes ("Zoll") to charge only the 19% VAT, but both on the item itself *and* the shipping cost. You just gotta make sure that they believe you that it doesn't have a sound card, else it'd be a different customs number.. and more expensive. Btw..the VCI is way to pricey to work as a "gift".

yeah- you just have to tell the customs folks that its a non audio device and then your not charged anything in europe and apparently some in England. We also declare the item as a USB control device when we send it via USPS as well which should reduce any taxes. Worse case scenario we can also try other means of lowering taxes as well

I found this website that calculates Import Duty and VAT, so it should be able to give us a indication as to what the worst case scenario would be.

With the current fx rates the unit plus shipping is around £368

Add the possiblities of Duty and VAT at £57 (Please see attached)

Total Unit price for a VCI-100 (Black) 1.3 firmware and TSI 2.2 Overlay £425

In the UK I've seen the Black VCI-100 at £429 -£439 and that's 1.2 firmware.

Seems like a good deal to me!!!
    Last edited by dj q-tee; 06-12-2009 at 01:45 PM.
    MacBookPro Retina 15in Late 2013 - 2.3ghz i7 -16GB RAM, 512 SSD (Traktor Pro 2.65)
    Vestax VCI-400SE EGE & Vestax VCI-100SE
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
    Podcast
    mixcloud

Tech Mentor

What about for people in the Channel Islands who dont pay VAT? :S

Quote Originally Posted by giorgio1712 View Post
    What about for people in the Channel Islands who dont pay VAT? :S
    Judging by the attachment, you'll just have to pay the 2% Duty...

Tech Wizard

mine seems to be stuck at the Belgium customs now for allmost a week :s i'm starting to get worried !
    Was shipped on may 26 and it now is june 9th... don't know if it is normal that products stay for such a long time at the customs...

Tech Wizard

i'm starting to get really worried now, only recieved my overlay, but not the VCI-100se itself witch was send before the overlay :s
    The VCI was send may 27th and was recieved at the customs of Belgium june 2, anybody know if it is normal that a device is stuck at the customs alone for over a week?

Hope it will come through... pretty hard looking here at the overlay i allready recieved but not having the divice

Im sure if your patient it will get though customs, if your really worried then i would recommend ringing the customs office that the controller is at and see whats going on.

Tech Wizard

after reading alot on mailings through usps to belgium i found some contact info where it should be, allready send an email with all the info possible...
    seems like alot of people have trouble with usps from the vs to the customs of belgium :s
    all the same story as me, very fast in the country but stuck at the customs and no notification of why...
    hope my first email is to the right person and enough to get it through
    pretty hard to have an overlay but no vci hehe damn that overlay alone looks even good

Tech Wizard

I was able to get the contact info of the right customs and they said my package was in hold up because they had no reciept, i emailed them a screenshot of my paypal reciept with a detailed description of the product and every info i could imagine.
    After they could confirm that they got that email they will now send my vci within 3 days, else they would have just sended it back to the US.
    Stupid Belgium customs
    Can't wait for my doorbel to ring

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast