getting started. equipment help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'd also recommend you take advantage of this while its still going on:
    Dubspot 30 in 30 beginner ableton lessons
    Its totally free and worth going through imho

As far as sound, to start with you can just run a Y cable from your headphone jack to your stereo receiver, though eventually you'll probably want to invest in an external soundcard.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by loosecannon21 View Post
    ok im new to this so sorry if im posting in wrong spot. but basically im wanting to create and dj my own dubstep. im not sure what i need though. but im wondering if a traktor total control mixer and korg nano midi controller will work for what im wanting and how do i hook it up to play out of my house stereo sysetm/ rack system/ amp,receiver,eq etc? any help appreciated
    The most critical thing you're going to need is. (The ability to think for yourself)
    What is it with todays youth. I've asked a tone of question over my 15+ years of doing this bullshit. I never had to ask someone what gear i should buy. Try doing some research watch some videos on YouTube. I just get this feeling you're more concerned of how you're viewed by other. Are you asking for an opinion on a certain piece of gear. Or are you asking someone exactly what you need. Your question makes no sense to me. I'm not trying to be a dick. If you want people to take you serious, then you're going to have to at least do a little bit of work researching gear, software, hardware etc, because if you're having this big of a problem selecting the tools you have no idea what you're getting yourself into.
    Last edited by Grant Carlisle; 06-29-2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: The more, I think about the post the more annoyed i get.
    My Mule = Sony Vaio 2.80/3.50GHz)i7 W/solidstate Drive + 8 Gigs Ram. Win7. The Studio = Custome built tower + Samsung 32" LED walmout monitor Ableton8 Suite+Max,Isotonik,OCTPAD NativeKontrol Apc-CL1, APC-40,Launchpad,Maschine,NanoKontrol2,MPK49,LPD8,MPK Mini,,Reason4,Vestax Pmc25 2CDJ 1000mk2

Tech Wizard

I think all the guy wanted to know was preferences on specific gear. Nothing to the extent of what to buy. More of recommendations of what he would need to get started. I am sure the man will do his research on the suggested gear. Aside from the fact, gear is one thing but using it is another thing. I'd be more worried about getting your skills up, you can replace gear not the user.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12