What's missing from NI controllers? - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Judging by the responses I think you people will be very happy with four of my designs.

What about Maschine do you see as a disadvantage? I have big plans for this....
    Last edited by Phi; 06-18-2012 at 06:09 AM.

I'd like to see something similar to Allen & Heath's X-Link in more controllers. Just more intuitive. Instead of needing an additional cable, imagine two controllers snapping into each other via magnets like Apple's power chord (Don't know how much of that technology is patent protected, but i assume a lot since nobody is doing something even vaguely similar). You could just put 2 modular controllers (say a X1 and a F1) together on the table, connect one to your laptop, push both together and both work.

Then add another "deck" module with a Jog Wheel and a mixer module (yes, similar to Behringer) and maybe cases in different sizes where people who want an all-in-one controller can fit a certain amount of modules in without having to deal with extra cables. All modules would have internal soundcards that would also link together and the amount of outputs would scale with the number of controllers used. Add a module called the DVS1 that offers inputs for DVS users. That could look like a X1 with the width and height of an audio 8 with the A8 panels on the Front and Back and additional controls on top.

And now make your connection system open source. Offer other developers to connect their hardware to your framework. Earn money via licensing. Now convince on of the big players to build a high-end club mixer with your connection standard that allows to only connect the mixer via usb and just put your controllers next to the mixer where they snap in and work instantaneously. Congratulations, you have just created a new club standard.
    Last edited by Miec; 06-18-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Tech Mentor

That is very close to a creative solution that I have.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    Judging by the responses I think you people will be very happy with four of my designs.

What about Maschine do you see as a disadvantage? I have big plans for this....
    What makes you think you can catch up with NI Traktor, Maschine etc? What can you do that competes with the s4 and the f1? They are number 2 as far as hardware sales behind avid. Appraently, that was announced at the anniversary party. Sounds like you think you could take them or your company. If you were doing this why are you posting this on DJtechtools.com?

Let's see some of your ideas. Don't blow your "secrets" out of the water, I would hate for pioneer to steal your hard work on you. Just something to wet out appetites. I've seen lots of DIY controllers, and nobody had fears of another company taking them. Patent your designs and throw them up here.

What happens if you think you have a good idea, make the controller, pay all that money and nobody likes it, because you didn't share it? I get business practices, but unless you are designing a whole new layout, (which may be counter productive to what we use controllers for) let's see some ideas.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

That is very close to a creative solution that I have.
    Anyone can say that, in fact I already have patients pending on many of the designs proposed... see it's that easy, you all believe me don't you?
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

It's basic business folks.
    "Basic business" is knowing that ideas are worthless, execution is everything.

Tech Guru

True that, I come up with ideas all time!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I think that the most of controllers should have multiple layers solution in it for big mappings. It make job easier when you don't need to watch out when you'll hit the modifier wall. My current mapping has nine generic devices for now and that's only because I've burn all eight modifiers in each mapping for making this layer modes. When adding second controller with this many generics to setup it make traktor to take more time for loading and it has crashed few times now during mapping it. Something like xoneK2 but with more than three layers.

Other thing are RGB buttons and 4x4 grid as standard to all modular units.

Hardware with an in-built "soft takeover". That'll allow for multiple layers/pages/banks on a single control surface. Multi state LED's to indicate which layer/bank you're in. Multiple bank select buttons, or a notched/indnted rotary switch.

You nail that, and I'll be buying.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast