sampledeck's pew pew thingy

Default sampledeck's pew pew thingy

lo!

so I made this to run sampledecks on decks C and D, still a bit of a work in progress but the basics are there and I have used it live a few times with gr8 results.

Idea came out of me doin some tribalhouse partys and i wanted to bang some oneshot conga samples and have some extra percussionloops goin.

You need: 4-banksmode

Then have instant grat on A,B and C and this on deck D.
    I run perc loops on C, cuz then i can use the beatmasher effects to create buildups separete from the trax runnin on A+B.

on bank D u have: bottom row is sampledeck D and the row above is C.

If u hold down the bank D button and press one of the sampleslots buttons for deck D it rips down what u currently have looped on deck B to that slot. Same for deck C, but that loads from deck A.

The button just below the bank D button works the same way as the above but it loads from the list instead. hold it down and tap the slotbutton where u want it.

To the left of that is the STOP button, if u have loops running and want stop them, hold it down and press the slot you want to stop.

thats it, for now,

you should also know that there is still some slottempo/pitch bending stuff that im experementing with on the second row from the top on the two left buttons, but it dosent work the way I wanted it, so ill sort it l8tr.

try it and if u like it gimme some feedback and bugreports and so on

thx to ean and crew for the vid where the howto oneshot info was

peace

other1
    Last edited by other1; 06-19-2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: forgott a few things
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

and Import with the little importbutton

vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Tech Wizard

wait... so... something like this:

BANK A:
    inst grat. deck a

BANK B:
    inst grat. deck b

BANK C:
    sample deck c control

BANK D:
    sample deck d control

or what?
    Macbook Pro 15", Numark Mixtrack, Midifighter Classic, Kaossilator Pro, Pro Tools LE, Logic Express 9, Traktor 2 Pro, Novation NIO 2|4 and a hell'va lot of pop music

no, u import this with the little import button AFTER u have instagrat imported, then u remove the assignements from instagrat D to the midifighter and assign this to ur midifighter, then u have sample decks C+D on bank D

vestax PMC-CX

Im gonna give this one a bash, looks like the mapping I was thinking about making but never got round to
    MBP 2012, Traktor Scratch Pro, Kontrol X4, 1x Midi Fighters, TR-8

I have test it right now and it is awsome ! its exactly what i want ^^or better !! nice to have would be a LED feedback which Sample Slot is running! So for example i start Slot1 on Deck C the LED 1st LED in the 3rd row is lighting. Is this possible for you ? Would be great! (But if you switch than in the first row to Deck A or B it should be not light and if you go back to Deck D it should light up again)

Ill have a look tomorrow and se what I can do

vestax PMC-CX

Quote Originally Posted by other1 View Post
    Ill have a look tomorrow and se what I can do
    Perfect would be very nice !!

Quote:

If u hold down the bank D button and press one of the sampleslots buttons for deck D it rips down what u currently have looped on deck B to that slot. Same for deck C, but that loads from deck A.

I have Test this above and maybe i understand it Not correct or it doesnt work correct.

I understand it like i have a track Playing on Deck A or B and Set in this Track a Loop and this Loop would be recorded and Set to a Sample slot? If i press this combination a error comes that the Track is longier than 48sec.

Best regards!
    Last edited by Pablo Suave; 06-13-2012 at 05:27 AM.
    TP2 | VCI 100 Arcade | Korg NanoControl | MF Classic | X1 | Audio8 | Audio2 | TMA-1