Any cool VCI 100 MK2 mapping? - Page 2
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

sure thing man. That would be great for the community. I have attached a official mapping from vestax which i am currently using it no to this post. Vestax_VCIMK2_Final-Pro-DK-2.tsi
    Last edited by oriyong; 05-27-2012 at 09:52 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Cool, next step is to add four more modifiers to existing mapping. Two on shift buttons and two more to both of the key's. There are modifiers from one to three already in there and we don't want to remove any so you need to keep adding from modifier 4 and so on. Check the pic to know where goes each.

VCI-100Mk.JPG

Here we go:

Add in modifier 4 with following setup.
    Type of controller: Button
    Interaction mode: Hold
    Set to value: 1

Add in modifier 5 with same setup.
    Interaction mode: Hold

Now list trough mapping and find all KEY commands and set conditions as below so it will not work while shift is on hold, like I said before.
    For deck A and C as modifier conditions set: M4=0
    For deck B and D as modifier conditions set: M5=0

This is for now, I'll continue when this is done. Hope that you got the idea

Tech Mentor

Ok following you so far. Please see the command I had put in.

Screen Shot 2555-05-27 at 11.00.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2555-05-27 at 11.00.43 PM.png

Is it easy to put a blink led on key button so we will know when the jog fx has activate?

Once again, thank you so much to teach me and other who see this post on how to do a jog fx map!

Quote Originally Posted by oriyong View Post
    Is it easy to put a blink led on key button so we will know when the jog fx has activate?
    I will come to that later, first you need to add in other two modifiers from pic and assign those key buttons. But before that I got two very important questions for next steps:

1. While holding shift and pressing key does key button on screen stays the same? (it need to if everything's ok)
    2 While holding shift and moving part of the jog wheel for nudge, does anything happen at all? (if not it will be ok because this way you'll be changing FX presets to both sides)

Tech Mentor

1. key button stay the same.
    2. seem like it still nudging while holding shift though.

Ok, you need to do same thing as did for key commands. Find tempo bend (stepless) for all 4 decks, its all the way down in your mapping.

Tempo bend A; M4=0
    Tempo bend B: M5=0
    Tempo bend C: M4=0
    Tempo bend D: M5=0

After adding this modifier conditions to all four of those check shift+nudge to all dacks.

Tech Mentor

Screen Shot 2555-05-28 at 12.10.54 AM.png

done. no nudging at all while pressing shift.

Excellent! I guess that you have now learn how this shift button function and how you can forbid some commands from working while shift button is on hold.

Modifiers six and seven are next and those will be modifiers that you'll going to set for all jog FX controls some later. Right now we need to create a toggle modifiers for both key buttons like on the pic I posted earlier.

Add in modifier 6 with following setup.
    Modifier conditions: M6=0 ; M4=1
    Interaction mode: Direct

Duplicate modifier 6 with following setup.
    Modifier conditions: M6=1 ; M4=1
    Interaction mode: Direct
    Set to value: 0

This conditions M6=0 and M6=1 "tell" to the button that it need to keep toggling every time it's press and M4=1 that it will toggle only while shift is on hold.

Now map any control, lets say dry/wet with modifier condition M6=1 to try out jog FX mode.

Tech Mentor

get the modifier 6 done
    sorry for the stupid question. Im lost on the last part that map dry/wet with the modifier condition m6= 1.
    Do i have to creat a new effect map or just modify the exiting one ?

Quote Originally Posted by oriyong View Post
    get the modifier 6 done
    sorry for the stupid question. Im lost on the last part that map dry/wet with the modifier condition m6= 1.
    Do i have to creat a new effect map or just modify the exiting one ?
    That was only example with d/w. You can map lets say loop rec d/w and assign it to crossfader (M6=1) just to see if jog FX is set properly (ou can delete it later). It should act like this, when jog FX is off only crossfader will correspond to the screen control while moving it on vci but with jog FX on crossfader and loop rec should move both. That mean it's set right and that's time for other side jog FX with M7.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast