What am i doing wrong with my mapping?

Default What am i doing wrong with my mapping?

Ok so im using the Modifier one as a "Shift" button but it doesnt seem to work. Im trying to do a digital version of the midifighter on the ipad
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

so your button is a 'fader' going 'direct' to ?
    All wrong mate. It should be set as a button, on hold for a value of 1.

You may also have a look at all your other commands, some of them do seem wrong (a play/pause set to 'hold', hmm strange enough don't you think? same for sync, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    so your button is a 'fader' going 'direct' to ?
    All wrong mate. It should be set as a button, on hold for a value of 1.

You may also have a look at all your other commands, some of them do seem wrong (a play/pause set to 'hold', hmm strange enough don't you think? same for sync, etc...)
    Like im using drum pad buttons so its more or less mommentary buttons thats why i have them on hold.

My main concern the modifiers
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Ok I understand but is your fader your shift?
    If it's the case, it is still not well set up, you should put it on relative and adjust the settings to your liking so the movement of the fader will represent the chosen states of your modifier. If it's a button, set it as a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    Ok I understand but is your fader your shift?
    If it's the case, it is still not well set up, you should put it on relative and adjust the settings to your liking so the movement of the fader will represent the chosen states of your modifier. If it's a button, set it as a button.
    i fixed the picture. its with a button.

Tech Mentor

Fill in the conditions boxes aswell with Modifier 1 and value 0, then duplicate the line and fill in the boxes the same but this time it needs to be for when the modifier is active so the value will be 1 and the set to value will be 0.

see http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/03/2...ini-modifiers/

I guess the link you've given just explains how to make a toggling modifier, not an 'hold' one and not in this context.

chrisw, does your modifier gets to 1 if held? Does it stay at 1 even not pressed once you held it once?
    If it's the latest, you may have to take into account the way your button is working, try the following:duplicate your modifier line but this time set it as a button but for a 'dec' (decrease), and tick the invert box. Pushing the button will set your modifier to the desired value and releasing it will make the decrease taken into account and so will revert it to 0. Please note that should work only if your modifier ranges from 0 to 1.
    Let me know.