Latest overlays for TPro - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

They have tools for removing stripped screws. Usually made for larger screws, but as long as you are careful, you should be ok. It involves a special screw driver type of tool, that you hit with a hammer. While it is being hit, it turns the screw at the same time and applies a turning and downward force at the same time. I have one it comes in a small blue case, and you can pick it up at most stores (harbor freight and maybe even home depot).

Default I got it done!

Ok….I got it done! I got screw extractor at Home Depot. The smallest size there was #1. After I drilled the screw and inserted the screw extractor, I finally got the screw to budge but it would not come out—the threads did not seem to engage. I did also buy a good screwdriver set with a bit that properly fit the and then removed the other screws. I was then able to move the face plate over so that it was perpendicular to the controller. That gave me leverage to pull up on the plate engaging the screw threads as I turned the screw extractor, and finally the god forsaken screw came out. Luckily the rest of the overlay process went well. I am now the proud owner of a VCI-100 SE; looking at it now it was well worth the trouble!

Ok….I got it done! I got screw extractor at Home Depot. The smallest size there was #1. After I drilled the screw and inserted the screw extractor, I finally got the screw to budge but it would not come out—the threads did not seem to engage. I did also buy a good screwdriver set with a bit that properly fit the and then removed the other screws. I was then able to move the face plate over so that it was perpendicular to the controller. That gave me leverage to pull up on the plate engaging the screw threads as I turned the screw extractor, and finally the god forsaken screw came out. Luckily the rest of the overlay process went well. I am now the proud owner of a VCI-100 SE; looking at it now it was well worth the trouble!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234