Latest overlays for TPro - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post

and the overlay comes off no problem
    My previous overlay was incredibly difficult to remove. Im not complaining for it shows supreme quality in these durable overlays. however, as you spend your time removing the overlay, make sure to have a blade handy. For it is much easier to remove the area around the knobs by slicing a line in between the holes (do this as your removing the overlay, I dont advise trying to score a line while the overlay is resting on the vci). that way as you pull and apply force the overlay will just cut and remove itself around the knobs. I initially pulled really hard and almost snapped a knob off in the process.

also worthy of mention; I neglected to clean and remove the original adhesive (laziness). The new overlay seemed to adhere just fine. looks great!
    Last edited by sm00sh; 05-21-2009 at 09:35 PM.

i was under the impression that you would be able to place the new over lay over the old one...things that make you go hmmm.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    i was under the impression that you would be able to place the new over lay over the old one...things that make you go hmmm.
    I opted not to do it this way. when I tried to size up how it would fit (over the previous overlay) I noticed it started to overlap the leds on the fx bank selector next to the browser buttons. Also the last two effects knobs where rubbing. (if i moved the overlay to the left the knobs rub more. If to the right, the leds get slightly covered..etc) As accurate as these lazer cuts are, variation will always exist, albeit miniscule. I know it seems anal but it just didnt fit right.

there is a good chance mine was slightly warped. however, it seems to fit just fine on the bare vci 100. It looks great! I love how clean the FX sections looks. sorry for the long reply, just trying to justify the "..hmmm"

Tech Guru

I'd love to see some actual close up photos of the new overlays.
    All I see in the shop are the old ones.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    I'd love to see some actual close up photos of the new overlays.
    All I see in the shop are the old ones.
    I can't freakin wait for the arcade overlays to be in the store. I'm dying here, whats the hold up? Maybe my ocd is kicking in!!!
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Need... 2.2.... Arcade.... dying. . . . .
    DJ N8
    "Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we die" -DMB

got my overlays today (thanks techtools!) and eventually got them on, it took about 40mins to get the last overlay off... can't believe how stick it was! My advice to anyone putting the second one on, i would suggest just cutting off only certain bits of the brown paper that covers the adhesive. Only cut maybe the edges and a centre circle so you're only sticking down a certain percentage of the overlay. I am doing this just incase they start to do different colours and stuff. i wouldn't wish the pain i went throught to get it off today on anyone! P.S the tsi is great except for the EQ fx section, don't see the point of it. Like one of the earlier overlays, i think it takes away from the controller when you actually see the effect actually written on the overlay. Just a thought?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Nate1379 View Post
    Need... 2.2.... Arcade.... dying. . . . .
    dying patiently...

Quote Originally Posted by looper View Post
    dying patiently...
    dying....period!
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Default Stripped Screws!

Hello everyone,
    I never thought of myself as mechanically retarded but lo and behold I have stripped one of the screws on my VCI-100 when taking the faceplates off to apply my new overlay—! I want to blame my crappy screwdriver but these screws are definitely in there tight. Any suggestions on how to remedy this situation and install my new overlay?
    Thanks,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast