Painting jog wheels - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Psychedelic orange i hope mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

haha actually, I got some dark red for an undercoat, and I'm going to get my friend to make a tribal stencil that will be a neon orange

Lucky guess, though. I think those are going to be my crazy colors.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

(mega bump )

So, it's painted. I hope to have pictures tonight or tomorrow. The overlay is dark, glossy burgundy and the jog wheels are neon orange.

I now it was discussed and everything, so here's what I learned by this process. The jog wheels send their messages because of the screws in the middle of them. If you take those out the wheels will send no messages whatsoever. So, yeah, those need to be making contact with the metal on the silver cap of the jog wheel AND the inside pieces.

As it was discussed, and I have foolishly confirmed, if you prime jog wheels and then paint them it will not work. One or two quick coats with a spray paint will do the job

I have process pictures and everything also, but I think the final product will speak for itself
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

look forward to the piccies bro.
    Does the spray paint provide a bit more of a texture? Are the jogs a tad more grippy now ? That would great.

I haven't really used the jogs yet, as I finished it and realized that the FW1.3 changes one other thing that bugs the shit out of me, so I need to code that out before I do anything else.

The jogs do feel a bit rougher, though.

Before you ask, what the FW upgrade did was pretty much, in my opinion, make the Low knob on each deck pretty useless. It reads out 00-127 on both halves instead of 00-64 and then 65-127 So I need to do more Bome coding to make it use-able.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Why hasnt everyone been complaining about the Low Knob then or is everyone using Bomes. Id guess not ? Or are peeps just using the 3 band EQ and not using the Low Knob.

I have no idea, Karlos. I think most people are using 3 band EQ, but I really prefer 4 band. If I can figure it out in Bomes I'll gladly share the code with you if you want. I'd recommend it anyways
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Jack Bastard

3 band eq + filter knob works best for me.

Tech Guru

The doubled midi messages on that knob are a relic of the firmware being designed with T3 in mind. Unfortunately they kinda blow in TPro. Ean's got things set right now to just reset at the center detent, which is a work around at best. The double messages are being removed in FW 1.4. I'm not really sure why folks aren't complaining unless they aren't really noticing what happens when you set the knob at some position, modifier switch to control a different deck and move that knob again - (not ideal).

I just leave out the detent reset, set everything on that knob to relative, around 68%, and use soft takeover. It's rough but manageable that way.

As for jogs, Karlos, some matte paint might give you just the amount of grip you need... just a thought.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

I think most people who use FW1.3 use the TSI's that Ean makes, so it works for them, whereas I am working on my own so it becomes a bit more troublesome.

the double messages looked really weird when I loaded it in Bome, but I can work around that.

I'll try the relative setting and see what happens.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast