Painting jog wheels - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

really i just sanded them and sprayed them nicely with a good can of my gloss spray paint, i do a bit of graffiti so i got some lying aorund. they work perfectly!

I actualy don't use the jogs for beatmatching so much (using 4 decks cn get a little hectic if one wants to beatmatch and that)

i just find when starring down at your vci for so long, the blue ring around the jogs is a little bright, hence why i'd like to put them imbetween the two plates.

I've mapped my jogs so that when 'scratch' is off they adjust tempo up and down, because they are high resolution it seems obvious as they can take steps of as little as .01 BMP (i now use my tempo sliders for deck C & D volumes) which can be used for perfectly accurate beatmatching AND they are endless which means i can take the song down allll the way to zero BPM like can be done by slowing down vinyls.

that make sense at all?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah makes sense. Using the jog wheels for other functions seems perfectly sensible esp if your using 4 decks.

@DvlsAdvct , are you gonna post up your work, method, paint used piccies etc.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, I have my jogs mapped to three functions (yay bomes). Search/seek, tempo up and down and then I have it automapped to bring up the Beatmasher with specific settings. Going to change that for TPro, but I still need to drop the new FW on it (come Sunday, after my gig Saturday).

@Karlos: Yeah, I will. Sunday is a trip to a hobby shop so I can get the sand paper, sanding brick, paints, primers, etc. And then a trip to Lowe's so I can get some wood for my keyboard stands to prop up decks for my friend when we start doing collaborative mixing. So, once I get the stuff I will keep a little photoblog of everything. Hopefully it doesn't take longer than a week to paint the whole thing, though I want to get the Bomes mapping done first (utility before appearance)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Cool. look forward to that .

Its a shame that there arent any metallic stick on Jog Wheel stickers that have tiny ridges or some kind of course surface like the top of a CDJ ???

That would mean the whole surface of the jog wheel would be usable and they could come in different colours bit like tricking out your bike with adonised bits.

Market there for someone. Jog Wheel Grippy Stickers.

Oh, and Karlos, I forgot to reference your first point.

The jog grips are supposed to make the area for "Pitch Bend" (the outer clear ring) bigger. It is a small rig, making using it very difficult, what with the touch sensitivity. The jog grips will give you more room for the pitch bend area. While it will make the standard jog wheel smaller, if you're not using it to scratch it isn't necessary to have the whole thing.

And when they come back in stock they are MINE!
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Ah right that makes more sense. Yeah i need the Jog wheels to scratch. The Outer Pitch Bend is wicked i love that.
    So what i need is something to increase friction on the plates. Only a little. Im sure if i sanded the plates down a little that would work put that would be a messy solution.

Do you know if the holes for the screws on the plates are beveled ???
    Somone mentioned turning them over??? If i can do that i could maybe change the surface texture.

I havent had chance to take the VCI apart yet to discover all this stuff yet.
    Im still changing my mind every day about the mapping and using a Dymo LetraType machine to mark my changes. I love mapping controllers... is that wierd... i bet you do to.

At first I hated it, but now I've grown to really enjoy it. In fact, I am more likely to start my mappings from scratch and build up then use previous ones as shells. I should make a generic shell, though for all the Master functions and basic presets, but, well, that only take 10 minutes to set at this point (In Bomes).

Now coding my mappings in Traktor blows, and I hate it. A lot Though I'm figuring out a system to make it go by faster.

As far as the jog wheels go, I got nothin. You could try using a small amount of glue, or liquid latex or something, to give it a clear, slight grip that shouldn't change the sensor. And if it does they are very removeable.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Cool thanks mate.

Yeah i got a standard TSI and TKS from Vestax and in a minute decided it did nothing for me so i deleted everything but the controls for the Jog Wheels and started fresh.

Never used Bomes and im about to start getting into Modifiers on the VCI as im running out of buttons. Will have a look at Bomes and how i may use it...

Well, if you need any help with the modifiers let me know. I've dug around in those a lot before I started using Bomes.

Good luck with the mappings. For me it's both the most satisfying and the most frustrating experience when it comes to the whole DJ thing.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

(Pretty big bump)

Alright, so I got my paints, upgraded the firmware, and now it's time to paint.

So, I need to know the best way to get the body away from the electronics, if there is a way. Is there an easier way than just going through and unscrewing every single piece of electronics inside? Is that what all of you did? I just want to make sure before I open this thing up again and taake everything out

But I did it once, screwed it back together, nothing in backward and no extra, or missing, screws. YAY!

So yeah, anybody?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast