Using Transitional Tracks (125-81bpm) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

transition tracks?

not hating but that kinda takes half the fun out of doing eclectic mixes imo.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    transition tracks?

not hating but that kinda takes half the fun out of doing eclectic mixes imo.
    Yeah , pretty much hating here. As Monika said its like paying someone to DJ for you. The more i think about 'Transition Tracks' the more i think "why the fuck are you even bothering to be a DJ".

Im not hating on the O.P. Im not. . . Do what you gotta do to get by, thats cool. Ive never been a person to tell anyone how/why they should DJ but using transition tracks is like sending someone else in to the office to do your job
    Its cheap and its poor DJ practice.

Yeah im fine with people messing with tunes at home and coming across a great idea for a mix and laying it down. But only occasionally .
    But buying them... Thats fucked up... Just buy Mixmiester and do them yourself.
    Mixmiester will do it in a minute and cost you nothing (apart from the cost of the software).

Send your tracks to me, i will do them for half the price in half the time at twice the quality..!

Im drunk, its monday , its my right to be drunk on monday.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Im drunk, its monday , its my right to be drunk on monday.
    This made me laugh
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Transitional Heineken Anyone?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Cayotic View Post
    I purchased some transition tracks from strictlyhits.com to be able to jump my current music from 125bpm-81bpm as well as 89bpm-126bpm. After 6 months of DJing, I notice that I have to crawl around my playlists for songs within 10-20bpm range in order to get to a song being requested thats out of this range.

While its easy to fade into the transitional track, I have to manualy sync out of it. Because Traktor still thinks the transition track is 125bpm though its now in the 81bpm portion.

Are transitional tracks meant to be used for serato users or is there a way I can use these in Traktor Pro. I know I can set up multiple grid markers but when I adjust the second grid marker to the secondarly BPM, it adjusts the first one as well. Is there a work around and if not, what do you recommend doing in order to keep the current momemtum on the dance floor and still change up the tempo to introduce slower or faster paced songs?
    --> learn how to beatmatch with your ears!!! you got headphones, pitch bend and a pitch fader, then use it!

Or as everyone said, use a simple DJ technique called "cut"

Another technique you can use is the reverb effect...

EDIT : I didn't hear the track before posting... using this is simply cheating... you can't call yourself a DJ if you use these types of tracks. Spend your cash on real tracks!
    Last edited by Peter Willis; 05-12-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Willis View Post
    you can't call yourself a DJ if you use these types of tracks. Spend your cash on real tracks!
    Alright, I understand there are disagreements, but let's not make this hostile.

There is no point in buying these things when you can easily make them yourself, or just speed up tracks on your own, or cut over, or employ any number of mixing techniques to duplicate it and save yourself money.

No need to go beyond that

DJTT Love
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Sorry for the hostility..

take a look at this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuZj9...e=channel_page

this guy gives tons of good advices, take a look at some other ones!

Tech Mentor

I just dont understand why anyone would use a transitional track, were digital DJ's, shouldnt we be able to do that on that fly? We have all the tools at our fingertips.
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Even with the pitch faders set to 8% which in regards to house tunes only gives you about 10 BPM to play with (128 - 138 if you are lucky) My town sets where 1 play 1 1/2 hours of house @ 128-130 bpm, then i guess you would call it "transitional" prog at 135 and then some 138 bangers at the end. Stepping the beats up gradually as the night goes on (subtly mind) I'm still not afraid to do the odd soft mix here and there. Its a great technique when used sparingly. I use it quite a bit in my goa jams actually and our young dubstep dj uses it basically in lieu of learning to beatmatch
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Ok, i think the topic went a little off course...

but let me give you an example of where one of these tracks could be used.

Friday Nite @ the Club

The dj before you is spinning Hip Hop @ 95 BPM and your the next dj to come up and ur gonna start play 80's New Wave @ 130 BPM. You dont want to kill the dance floor and go from Kanye West - Heartless to Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus!

You need the a track to fill the gap and take you from on Genre/Bpm to the next Gerne/Bpm. Sure you can add a fx' like do a beatmash or echo fade. But IMO using Fx's sometimes kills the dance floor.
    Last edited by JesC; 05-12-2009 at 08:48 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast