Duplicating the DJTT S2 mapping to control 4 decks. - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Dang anyone?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I don't have skype but will give my best to explain it from here. First you cant use only one modifier to make it work like in DJTT map, need at least four of them (two per side) because you need to place one modifier to shift button (lets say m1=1, hold) and second to reset button (m2=2, toggle; with modifier conditions of shift button m1=1) so m2 can be activated only if shift button is hold before pressing reset button. Then all deck C controls set to m2=2 and deck A controls set to m2=0 so deck A controls wont work when m2 is activated. That's why I said it is the best to figure it out what modifiers are already set in there by DJTT mappers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I don't have skype but will give my best to explain it from here. First you cant use only one modifier to make it work like in DJTT map, need at least four of them (two per side) because you need to place one modifier to shift button (lets say m1=1, hold) and second to reset button (m2=2, toggle; with modifier conditions of shift button m1=1) so m2 can be activated only if shift button is hold before pressing reset button. Then all deck C controls set to m2=2 and deck A controls set to m2=0 so deck A controls wont work when m2 is activated. That's why I said it is the best to figure it out what modifiers are already set in there by DJTT mappers.
    I think i got it, but what about the functions that need modifiers to work? for example Shift+play sets Keylock on a track. That would be a modifier in a modifier, it's fucking inception. To be honest i need some way of quick interaction to get through this, you seem to know alot about mappings, is there a way we can communicate faster? MSN, blackberry, whatsapp?

Yup, I know how to map but it's hard to get into it without S2 controller. Had some digging on this mapping and I think it is impossible to get hotcues on decks C and D to work because samples already took shift modifier=0. Let me see if there is some other way to fix this...

Maybe another modifier? Maybe deleting the samples? or it's impossible to remove stuff from the default mapping?

Man I'm blind here without controller because this require a lot of tasting to make it right. Maybe the easiest solution for you is to modify A and B controls in to C and D and import it in MIDI mode?

That would work too, but i was aiming for individual Deck controlling, like i could control Deck C and B at the same time, and Deck D and A.

If you can just try to get the shift+reset modifier to control Deck C instead of Jog FX and i'll copy all that and make it work for Deck D, i just want a template then i can play with it and test it out. I'm really shit at this modifier stuff.

I did some work on modify this mapping today. All jog fx commands are now deleted and shift+tempo reset modifiers added per both sides. It's your turn now to test if I made modifiers to work correct, I have duplicated and assigned C and D EQs, monitor cues and volume faders so you can give modifiers a try. Also, when leaving this mode first press shift and then reset to switch it off.

Map is uploaded to Traktor Bible website so dl it and give it a try:

http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=417

it works!!!!!!! holy shittt! can you map play and all that shit!?? OMG THANK U SO MUCH!

and maybe soft takeover on the eq's to prevent EQ jumps from time to time?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast