What is the attraction to music about drugs - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Not all drugs are good now...some of them are great - Bill Hicks
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

put some crazy funk from the late 70's till like 85 and smoke one ... U'll thank me later... its an experience.... again with moderation.. of course.. 1 blunt with electro,funk and hip hop.. damn ..
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

I laugh everytime I watch this video... this thread just gave me the excuse to post it....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haH-SH_5yEI

Sorry guys I had to

By the way, I am not saying that she is in drugs

Tech Mentor

funny you should mention this as i had my first joint in about 6 years on Saturday night. Sat down, opened up Ableton live and had an awesome time. I had totally forgotten how it focusses your hearing and makes everything just a bit more like hearing in "3D".

In answer to the question, i think it's to do with musicians wanting to express their experiences, teens being attracted because it's all a bit rebellious, people wanting to be seen to be a bit naughty. And because songs about drugs have the best hooks.

Tech Guru

because the entire world is hopped up on goof-balls.
    drugs=good
    music=good
    drugs+music= really good

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    its all about moderation. drugs are cool in moderation
    How very Aristotelian of you Kaon

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Not all drugs are good now...some of them are great - Bill Hicks
    The man, the master: Bill Hicks. It really is just idiots that go ruining everyone else's good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX1CvW38cHA
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Drugs Are Bad Kids.
    Stay In School.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3far9oHZOsI
    It was like a week ago that you told me to drop out of school and go to ibiza, an island full of "drugged up wankers". All I know is now I am confused about what to do. How am I supposed to live my life, tell me Karlos, tell me! /cry lol
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Mentor

Well you could say why do they make music about anything like why do they make music about love, why do they make music about revolution ect.

People write songs and put in their own views their own expriances just so happens lots of people each weekend go out and dance to music on drugs

I do :eek: judge me as you will lol

As someone said a page back its about escapism. Almost every culture has used drugs and/or alcohol to free themselves. The difference is tribes used to get drugged up, dance to repetitive bass (sound familiar) and get closer to the spiritual realm. Now we do it for the high of moving, the freedom of your brain shutting up and your body just dancing (at least for me).
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife Island, Spain

The question is not about yes or no drugs, it's up to you what you do with them. Somebody said, "from my skin to the inside I rule!" claiming for their right to have the freedom to decide.

From the beggining of times every culture develop his own kind of drug, from deep spiritualization to collective fun, from the secrets of the religion masters and chamans to the rest of the community, allways around a special celebration and looking for the things that are behind the substance in order to a growing experience, even in the festive ocassions.

Artistic creation has a lot of samples of it, human degradation too. But the worst of all of them, ALCOHOL, that causes not only cronical diseases, also social distortions, is legal. ¿?
    Legendary colombian cocaine narco, Pablo Escobar, who at the same time built houses and school, electricity and water lines to the deep Colombia forest said, "I can stop Wall Street in 48 hours."
    So there's no problem with brokers who can pay for his workhalic pressure full of big bills, but there are troubles where people are dancing...

There are crescent troubles in the same way that the education of the consumers, and the quality af the substances are going down.

If someone of you, agents of the night, has any doubts about take a look here: http://www.escohotado.org/

After that take your own conclussions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast