Standalone mixer controller? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I hope someone makes a stand alone minnofader box that you could place underneith the k2 like gizmo was proposing on scratchworx for some turntable tricknology with this little beast of a setup.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    I hope someone makes a stand alone minnofader box that you could place underneith the k2 like gizmo was proposing on scratchworx for some turntable tricknology with this little beast of a setup.
    Don't quite get this..a stand alone midi fader to control the software crossfader?

Because surely theres no way you could have a crossfader between inputs using the k2 soundcard, like an actual audio fader.

So there would be a market for literally one really nice linear fader sending midi to clamp to the k2?

4 channels, you don't need a crossfader. All you need is the volume faders. If anyone is going to use a standalone crossfader, its a scratcher. And they have a mixer.

OT
    The VMS4.1 fixed a lot of the bugs from the VMS4, but its heavy
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

What is all the crossfader hate about? No way... crossfader is crucial to me and I'm not a scratcher. There are lots of instances where i need to change the master mix rapidly with only one hand. Cue point juggling, for one.

How possible do you think it would be to mod a crossfader into the same midi device as the K2?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    4 channels, you don't need a crossfader. All you need is the volume faders. If anyone is going to use a standalone crossfader, its a scratcher. And they have a mixer.

OT
    The VMS4.1 fixed a lot of the bugs from the VMS4, but its heavy
    What bollocks. If you mix anything other than 4 to the floor stuff you know that a crossfader is a great mixing tool to transition odd syncopation, atmospheric sections and combined with some effects it can add help add some wild manipulation of sound. Plus its essential for anyone who adds a few stabs when they are mixing all the way to next level alien communication scratching and shit.

no space... you would have to remove a few buttons to fit one, but my statement about noobs using the crossfader stands, 90% of the time cuepoint juggling sounds like a bad joke... Don't want to start a war, but that's my opinion on the matter...

On the other matter I would think the standalone crossfader would have 4 in and 4 out analog line connections that you put between your output of the TT/cdj/soundcard and the mixer input and be a usb midi controller at the same time, I actually think it would be a good idea when you are playing at a club that doesn't have a rane already setup... It's not really commercially viable unless your audio innovative as the crossfader is the most expensive part...
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

personally i need/want jogs as well as a crossfader, so that's two potential wars right there jogs have to come from extra controllers and i wouldn't want them in the K2 anyway but i would miss not having a cross fader... i find i don't use it a lot of the time, but there's times when it is really useful and the only alternative is munging two line faders at the same time to get the same effect. some kind of addon crossfader with some deck select buttons would be cool...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

i really love my m-audio x-session pro, you can buy it dirt cheap if you get the torq mixlab pack

1051549091_dcbdd9592e.jpg

light but hard plastic construction, good usb m-audio driver, the volume faders are a little hard but the crossfader is smooth

the xone k2 is nice but no crossfader is fail, other mixer midi controllers can be faderfox ones, the behringer ddm mixer, and the new behringer controller

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/CMD-MM-1.aspx

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    that can be a nice project

Quote Originally Posted by Majo View Post
    i really love my m-audio x-session pro, you can buy it dirt cheap if you get the torq mixlab pack
    i'd often thought about picking up one of these if the price was right. no soundcard tho i guess? which the OP was asking for. i ended up getting a very cheap djtech djm101 for 20quid in the end. couldn't say no at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Majo View Post
    that can be a nice project
    yup... in fact any cheapo game controller should work ok as the brain with a linear fader soldered onto it.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast