Guiltysounds DJ set up. I'm gonna need more space soon.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

nope 100% is usbs too.

I tried to build a similar desk to Xone but realized a few things. THe material for the expedit bookcases do not really like to be drilled in. So putting anything of legit weight on like shelf was sketchy at best. I had the lack shelfs installed for speakers and there was no way it was going to hold, espescially after screwing it in and seeing how thin the bookcases are, since they are hollow. The long lack shelf for the computer was fine and controllers was fine, but my krks are way to heavy for the smaller shelfs, just wasn't safe.

Anyways here are some pics from my new place in SF. I'm going to install some lazers and lights at some point soon.

I upgraded to a DJM 900 with my cdj 2000s. I think im ditching my HDJ-2000s for some senheisser amperiors.

That apartment is just all over rad, plus two pairs of rokits, you sir are a lucky man

Tech Guru

The red looks really good

thanks, when I went to ikea I saw the red and knew I had to get it! I was gonna go white, but red was too interesting not to. Plus I have a red door so it tied in with my whole place. I'll get some improved pictures soon, and maybe some evening pictures as well. I'll grab an over all pic of the place too.

The one set of krks is for djing and the other is for referencing on my mini studio, eventually I may upgrade the 5s, but right now with my limited production knowledge i will take my time to invest. Next thing I need for my studio desk is a soundcard to tie it all in.

Next update. Found a pair of MK2 techs. I'm gonna revive them by redoing the tops, and painting them white, doing an LED mod on each light, cleaning up the pitches, etc.

So since I got the techs. I wanted to move the cdjs up to some stands. I looked online and saw that the prices for stands was absolutely bananas. So I said f-it and went to the hardware store, bought some pipe fittings, a 8 inch pipe piece, a 45 degree angled piece and went to work. I had an old shelf from Ikea that I cut in half and mounted the pieces to. Then I installed them to the table. Finally using the old hardware from the expedit bookcase, the L brackets to brace to a wall and the plastic covers, I used that to hold up the cdjs. Overall I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. The cdj stands cost me like 50 bucks in total since I had the wood sitting around. Def an improvement. Hopefully I can do some work on these techs soon. Little afraid to do it cause I haven't done anything like it before but we will see. At the very least I can re-paint the tops, and clean the gunk out of everything. As far as soldering stuff thats a whole other story.

Attached Images Attached Images

Tech Mentor

looks nice, can we get a few more pics of your cdj stands? i would like to see how it was done

Real nice set up
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

You sir, have a sexy setup
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast