Need some help with DJTT S2 Mapping
    Tech Student

Question Need some help with DJTT S2 Mapping

Hi folks, I'm new on this forum. I've downloaded the .tsi file from DJTT to map the Kontrol S2, but I can't get it to work. When I import it the filters come the way they should, but the S2 can't do the jogfx (or how should I call it?) with the jogwheels. Hope You guys can help me a bit!

Thanks,
    DeJay

Tech Convert

Make sure that you have a track playing on deck A. When you have the track playing hit shift + reset at the same time on the left of your S2. You should now see the reset button is blinking, meaning you are in jogFX mode.

Now simply press down on the top of the jog wheel and rotate for effects. There are three preloaded effects that you can play around with. To cycle between the three different presets (once you are in jogfx mode) simply hold the shift and slowly rotate the jog wheel. You'll notice that the effect changes.

I learned all of this by simply watching the video Ean posted about the S2 mapping. You should check it out

Tech Student

Thanks for the fast reply! I've watch the video for like 5 times but I didn't get it. By your explanation I did! So, thanks! Feeling a little stupid right now ;p

Tech Convert

Its all good!

I know I'm going to need help on here at some point too. I used to spin House waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the late 90's. I had 2 tech12's and this ugly ass bright green gemini mixer. I took to beat matching almost instantly and spun a few shows in Kansas City. Then I got a little sideways and had to clear my head.

It's been a little over 12 years since I touched a turntable but I still have all my vinyl! I bought one of those USB turntables so I could listen to all my old tracks. Then I got an Akai MPK mini and Ableton Live and Reason 5. I got the book that went with Reason (Ignite something or other) and haven't even TOUCHED Live. I think I may have opened it once... Production interests me but I realized I'm a dj at heart. I just want to find tracks that I love and play them for other people! Half the fun (for me) is dropping that anthem that a person never heard before and watch as their face basically melts right there on the floor! HA!

I can't wait to get back to that level again. I just got my S2 and TP2 last week and I can't believe how far things have come! If I could of had these things 10 years ago... Oh well, I have them now! Speaking of age... I have a potential gig lined up already.... At a TEEN NIGHT CLUB!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm damn near old enough to be these kids dad and yet here I am, scrambling to put together a three hour set of face-melting, narsty-ass dubstep!

I know the owner and we got to talking and he said kids were BEGGING him all last year for a dubstep night, but he had no clue what they were talking about. He said if I can put together a solid set by mid-May I can have my own night! Holy shit, right?

Anyhow, long-ass story for nothing! Keep at it and you'll do big things!

Tech Student

Thanks for sharing your story! I've got my S2 now for two days and it's the first time that I'm actually touching a controller/'turntable'. Now I'm mainly busy to learn and get the real basics. I hope that you will do well on your gig and would like to hear some of your djing! Hope I will become as good as you, I dream to play a gig in my local club! (sry for my bad English ;p)