Just received my Maschine - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by B33SON View Post
    Yay! Maschine finally arrived yesterday. I'm stoked.
    Brilliant. Lets have a review, I say

Tech Convert

I have had it for about 10 days now and will say its amazing. The hardest problem I am having right now is sticking to trying to produce one track. Its just so easy to start these grooves up that I just keep building drum tracks and grooves. The effects are great and its pretty easy to use.

Tech Wizard

I'm picking up Machine tommorow at Moog Audio in Toronto.. $699 and no tax WOO! I'm also picking up a midi keyboard and a studio mic. This weekend should be a load of fun.

Tech Mentor

Just picked up mine from Robotspeak today - haven't cracked it open yet, couple of chores to finish up.

I keep catching myself looking over my shoulder every few minutes to admire the box.

Looking forward to trying out the Traktor template as well. I got a feeling that NI has even deeper Maschine - Traktor integration coming up - can't wait.

Tech Mentor

I want one too because I want to start producing but I can't justify the expense when you could get the same results using just your mouse/keyboard in regular production software.

Got mine today. And now its going to lay on my desk(@work) for a couple of hours until get home and can start playing with it. Aaaaargh.

Bump!
    So how do you guys like the Maschine after using it for a couple af weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post
    Bump!
    So how do you guys like the Maschine after using it for a couple af weeks?
    I'm still learning... I can pretty easily use a kit and build some cool drum patterns. I have no idea what I'm doing with any of the instruments though.

I still feel like I'm quite far away from making a complete track.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Quote Originally Posted by B33SON View Post
    I still feel like I'm quite far away from making a complete track.
    Same here, but i've never really been into production anyway. So i get stuck pretty easily in short patterns and rythms and can't really proceed.
    But had the same probs in Ableton.

But actually it feels a lot more natural, and its shitloads of fun to play around with it all the time.

For the instruments i recommend hooking up an external keyboard to the maschine, changing the keys with the knob kinda sucks.

But i have to say its super awesome, i was trying it out together with traktor and see a lot of potential there. Its pretty easy to rock some vocals over your tracks with it. Better than beatjuggling with my nano korgs.

Quote Originally Posted by plusplus View Post
    But actually it feels a lot more natural, and its shitloads of fun to play around with it all the time.

For the instruments i recommend hooking up an external keyboard to the maschine, changing the keys with the knob kinda sucks.

But i have to say its super awesome, i was trying it out together with traktor and see a lot of potential there. Its pretty easy to rock some vocals over your tracks with it. Better than beatjuggling with my nano korgs.
    Yes, yes... I agree on the keyboard! And I definitely think it's much more natural... I don't think I could have made cool drum patterns so quickly without it. It lends itself to experimentation.

Have you utilized the velocity pads to control the volume of the vocals you're triggering? ...Where are the clips playing from? From a track in Traktor or from Maschine?

I've set up Maschine and Traktor so they can share my Audio 8 DJ... so I can trigger sounds in either.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast