Modifiers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modifiers

Tech Wizard

Default Modifiers

Hi,

I'm rather new to making my own traktor mappings and would like to make one thing clear about modifiers before I move on.

Is there a set of 8 modifiers availible for each mapping or is there 8 that is used amongst all mappings?

If my question was unclear I'll try do make it more obvious here. If I simultainiously use two mappings for the same device and use lets say modifier 1:1 in both. Will they interfer with each other or are they working independently since they are in different mappings?

Hope you guys can enlighten me here! Found many useful tips here on the forum but didn't find this when I searched for it.

Cheers
    //Joel

Tech Wizard

Modifiers are universally applied, so modifiers from one mapping will affect any other mappings you are using with them...

Quote Originally Posted by ZiiK View Post
    Hi,

I'm rather new to making my own traktor mappings and would like to make one thing clear about modifiers before I move on.

Is there a set of 8 modifiers availible for each mapping or is there 8 that is used amongst all mappings?

If my question was unclear I'll try do make it more obvious here. If I simultainiously use two mappings for the same device and use lets say modifier 1:1 in both. Will they interfer with each other or are they working independently since they are in different mappings?

Hope you guys can enlighten me here! Found many useful tips here on the forum but didn't find this when I searched for it.

Cheers
    //Joel
    each mapping/tsi has it's own set of 8 modifiers in tp2 - they used to be shared i think, but i haven't really used previous versions.

u can ofc have multiple mappings connected to the same controller, so u can then gain access to more modifiers if needed.

not having any shared ones can also be a pain tho if u are just mapping using traktor and not any middleware software.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I believe each device mapping has its own set of 64 modifiers.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

Thx for clearing that out!

btw zestoi, been reading some threads about that midimasher app of yours.
    Great work! And fun to read!

//Joel

Quote Originally Posted by ZiiK View Post
    Thx for clearing that out!

btw zestoi, been reading some threads about that midimasher app of yours.
    Great work! And fun to read!

//Joel
    cheers it can do some cunning stuff now but i appreciate that most people don't want to run middleware software. with 2 blog posts by chris on using midipipe that might slowly change tho...

using extra software lets u do stuff u can't even dream of with traktors controller manager. plus i hate using it and with midimasher i rarely have to any more.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Hey zestoi,

You may have missed my question in the other thread, but what would I have to get to start programming with midimasher?

scamo

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Hey zestoi,

You may have missed my question in the other thread, but what would I have to get to start programming with midimasher?

scamo
    oops - yep i missed that one. download the latest zip (i literally just posted a new version to the other thread) and have a look at some of the configs in the config/ dir

what controller(s) do u want to try with it? quite easy to add support for new ones using the "learn.exe", have support for these ones so far: http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/devices/

u dont strictly *need* to teach midimasher about your device, esp if u want to use it more like bomes/midipipe - but it makes sense probably.

edit: you can also browse/view the configs i have so far here: http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/config/

i just uploaded a new version (same version number) that has more comments in the launchpad config: http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/config/launchpad.lua

hopefully that should explain a fair amount of what u can do with midimasher

Thanks. I think I know where to head now. I want to see what I can do with the S4. Do you possibly see a problem?

scamo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast