Korg Nano Kontrol Traktor Setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Korg Nano Kontrol Traktor Setup

I used this setup for a while, before i decided that ableton better suits my style/needs.

It was a nice small setup. Scene 1 is shown, Scene two was setup for effects, and scene 3 was the same as scene 1, and scene 4 was set up for looping. I set it up with scene 1 and 3 the same so i could get back to my mix as quick as possible.

Let me know what you think.

...I know i put this in the wrong section. Sorry.
    Last edited by Str8upDrew; 04-21-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Stupidity

Hey!
    Great setup! I see you didn't use the middle fader(Channel 5 on the device). You could set that up to be the crossfader and the 2 buttons next to it to switch between decks A/C and B/D, if you have a 4 deck setup. I really like the setup of the scenes. Not many people make use of that function.

Good stuff buddy!

Actually, I like it that much that I'd like to try it. Could you maybe post the tsi? It would save me a lot of time trying to figure out the mapping...

Hey Drew

this is exactly what i was trying to do with my nano, it just arrived yesterday. I wanted to use Nano as a dj controller and traktor as a visual reference. i have couple of questions though..

Did you map this in Kontrol Editor...or Traktor? unfortunately for me it doesn't seem to be working in both. Files that im writing in KE can't be loaded in Traktor as they are different format.

and secondly my traktor identifies Nano as a port but in MIDI Setup all the options are not highlighted, so im unable to assign any control...

may you could make a video tutorial or something...
    Last edited by nos_da; 06-28-2009 at 06:45 AM. Reason: more information

Drew,

I would love to try out this configuration. Sounds just what I am looking for. Can you please send me the TSI file or please up it. Thanx.

G

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    I used this setup for a while, before i decided that ableton better suits my style/needs.

It was a nice small setup. Scene 1 is shown, Scene two was setup for effects, and scene 3 was the same as scene 1, and scene 4 was set up for looping. I set it up with scene 1 and 3 the same so i could get back to my mix as quick as possible.

Let me know what you think.

...I know i put this in the wrong section. Sorry.
    Hey boss, i can't seem to bring up your attachment. Would love to see your mapping. Just recieved my Kontrol today and dying to play around with Traktor

is it just me or does that link not really do anything? haha.

sounds pretty cool though, ide love to take a look at it, ive yet to include my nano into my mix, ide really like to

agreed. i can't get nything from that link. please do post it again. having real trouble trying to figure out the mapping for nanokontrol to traktor. BTW, i AM dumb as a post with the korg manual!!!

Default Korg nanoKONTROL Labeling Templates (PNG Format)

I liked Str8upDrew's template, so I created a blank labeling template for the Korg nanoKONTROL for download off my blog:

http://djevanstone.blogspot.com/2009...templates.html

...or just directly here:

http://www.recombinantstudios.com/do...anokontrol.png

I found it useful in mapping out MIDI settings for NI Traktor before actually labeling my controller...

hope someone else could find it useful as well.

Tech Wizard

Does anyone know if the .tsi was ever posted?? I just got my Kontrol yesterday and I'm looking to use it solely for effects. I'm combining it with my VCI 300. anyone have anything taht would be of use to me for that??? I've never created my own .tsi file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast