VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2 - Page 7
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JAC View Post
    Hey guys,

Just to say, deck copy works perfectly for me with 'Load only into stopped deck' turned on! I know this may just muddy the waters a bit but there must be some other reason it won't work for you........
    JAC - just to clarify, you are saying it works when executing a duplication from the navigation cross? Or are you talking about "copy to deck c/d"? Also, when you duplicate, the new track is playing and exactly at the same play postition of the source deck?

Also FYI for everyone - Native_girl at NI says they are aware of the funky programming of these prefs/commands, and are working on a better way to handle it.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Quote Originally Posted by JAC View Post
    I'm PC, TPro version 1.1.1.
    My settings are as follows:

• Load only into stopped deck - On
    • Stop playback at end of track - On
    • Load next at end of track - Off
    • Initially cue to load marker - On
    • Fade in & Fade out markers - Off
    • Reset deck controls when loading track - On
    • Reset mixer controls - Off

I honestly don't see what else it could be tho, I've just had a look at all the settings, all I did was import Ean's tsi then turn on 'Load only into stopped deck'...............

Sure, I'll break it into steps for you:

1. Go to preferences in Traktor, Midi Mapping tab
    2. Go to Add - Tempo - Phase Sync
    3. Switch 'Assignment' to Deck A/B/C/D
    4. Click 'Learn' and then press the button you want to use on your controller. In this case I used the 4 Fx buttons on the right hand side of the Vci-100.
    5. Repeat 1-3 for all four decks, using a different button for each. Just press 'Duplicate' on your original command in the Midi Mapping screen, then change the assignment.

And that's it, no need for modifiers or anything. Hope you get it to work.
    Hi, thanks for doing this btw, but how do i switch assignment? and do i press one button at a time on learn. Whats the relevance for using different buttons.

Scratch everything i said here, got it done! Will these buttons be needed to be pressed when coming out of a loop, is that it?
    Last edited by iancairns01iancairns01; 04-23-2009 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    JAC - just to clarify, you are saying it works when executing a duplication from the navigation cross? Or are you talking about "copy to deck c/d"? Also, when you duplicate, the new track is playing and exactly at the same play postition of the source deck?

Also FYI for everyone - Native_girl at NI says they are aware of the funky programming of these prefs/commands, and are working on a better way to handle it.
    What I'm saying is that if i have a track playing in Deck A and Deck B is empty or paused and I press Shift + Deck Copy, Deck A will be exactly copied to Deck B. Same speed, position, cues, everything! And playing as soon as i hit copy!

Tech Wizard

Default Juggle ON and Deck B

Hi..

Just loaded the newest TSI 2.2.8, and my deck B is not working as it should.

When pressing Juggle ON down, and hit the Hotstart1 (Sync), it keeps playing, instead of stopping when the button is released.. Deck A workes fine..

Tried to load the TSI again but just the same..

Anyone with the same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Funken View Post
    Hi..

Just loaded the newest TSI 2.2.8, and my deck B is not working as it should.

When pressing Juggle ON down, and hit the Hotstart1 (Sync), it keeps playing, instead of stopping when the button is released.. Deck A workes fine..

Tried to load the TSI again but just the same..

Anyone with the same issue?
    Yikes. Without having my setup in front of me, I'd say that Deck A wasn't working properly. If you hit a hotcue when in juggle mode and a track is playing, the track should move to that cue point and continue playing.

So it sounds like Deck B is fine? Unless I'm missing something here.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Yikes. Without having my setup in front of me, I'd say that Deck A wasn't working properly. If you hit a hotcue when in juggle mode and a track is playing, the track should move to that cue point and continue playing.

So it sounds like Deck B is fine? Unless I'm missing something here.
    It will only keep playing if the Deck is already is playing before going in Juggle Mode.. also called Hotstart.. But if the Deck is stopped, and going into Juggle mode.. The track should only play while button is pressed.. and stopped when released..

Quote Originally Posted by Funken View Post
    It will only keep playing if the Deck is already is playing before going in Juggle Mode.. also called Hotstart.. But if the Deck is stopped, and going into Juggle mode.. The track should only play while button is pressed.. and stopped when released..
    Right, I got you. But in your original post you said 'it keeps playing'. I can only assume you mean that the track was playing, you hit a cue, and it keeps playing...which is working as designed.

Tech Wizard

Right, I got you. But in your original post you said 'it keeps playing'. I can only assume you mean that the track was playing, you hit a cue, and it keeps playing...which is working as designed.
    Yes, You got it :-)

I allways use Juggle to jump to my cuepoint, instead using the keyboard on my labtop..
    Hopefully i can just correct the midi myself, but if itīs a bug, i thought i better report it here :-)

Man I'm more confused!

Yes or no...this is what's going on:

1) Track is playing
    2) You turn juggle mode on by holding down the button
    3) You hit a hotcue
    4) The track jumps to the hotcue
    5) The track continues to play

Tech Wizard

Man I'm more confused!

Yes or no...this is what's going on:

1) Track is playing
    2) You turn juggle mode on by holding down the button
    3) You hit a hotcue
    4) The track jumps to the hotcue
    5) The track continues to play
    No...

1) Track is not playing, just loaded into the deck B
    2) Turn Juggle mode on, by holding down the button
    3) Hit a Hotcue
    4) Track jumps to the hotcue
    5) I release the Cue button
    6) Track continues to play

If i press again in juggle mode, itīs pauses, just like hitting the Play/Pause button.. Press again in Juggle mode, it play, from the point it paused...

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast