best to report this to NI.. serious bug for me
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    Just disable the "Initially cue to Load marker" setting in the preferences.
    Hi Guys,

even with Eans suggestion to my stated problem " decks not playing after beiing copied" I am still dealing with the issue.

Other posts (e.g. brianpkelly@hotmail.com) confirm I'm not the only one...

I will mess around with it a bit more before I call it a bug...
    Last edited by Leon.R; 04-20-2009 at 04:59 AM.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    cool..I added just this to the advanced loop buttons..Is this all (see snap)
    Great feature. added it as well.
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Leon.R View Post
    Other posts (e.g. brianpkelly@hotmail.com) confirm I'm not the only one...
    It's not so much a bug as a change in function. I liked the way T3.4 did it too, but here's the scoop with TPro. For deck duplicate to play right on copying:
    1) Loading only into stopped deck should be off.
    2) Stop playback at end of track should be off.
    3) If you want the duplicated track to play at the same position as the source track, Initially cue to load marker should be off.
    4) The target deck needs to be playing.

*If any buttons have commands attached to them that stop playback, it won't work right.

With these settings, duplicate works great for me, I use it to do juggles on time, and tricks like sampling and effecting the first deck, layering a longer loop, then doing the same on the 2nd deck. 4 unique pattern out of 2 decks!!
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    It's not so much a bug as a change in function. I liked the way T3.4 did it too, but here's the scoop with TPro. For deck duplicate to play right on copying:
    1) Loading only into stopped deck should be off.
    2) Stop playback at end of track should be off.
    3) If you want the duplicated track to play at the same position as the source track, Initially cue to load marker should be off.
    4) The target deck needs to be playing.

*If any buttons have commands attached to them that stop playback, it won't work right.

With these settings, duplicate works great for me, I use it to do juggles on time, and tricks like sampling and effecting the first deck, layering a longer loop, then doing the same on the 2nd deck. 4 unique pattern out of 2 decks!!
    I have every loading pref disabled and nothing works for playing after deck copy in 1.1.2.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    I have every loading pref disabled and nothing works for playing after deck copy in 1.1.2.
    What exactly does happen? Does playback stop? No load at all? Plays but at wrong position?
    FYI, I have everything unchecked in load prefs except "reset deck controls when loading" I'm using TPro 1.1.2, 2.4 Ghz macbook. Tested on Ean's 2.2 tsi.
    Let's try to narrow down the problem if we can.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Mentor

Hi Zac,

first of all, thx for trying to help out.

The track copies as intended from thecurrent spot but does not start playing.
    Thats it.

You can copie the deck, quickly hit cue and the hit play - bus this is a workaround and chances of having a "delay" between the tracks are high
    And if options are set like "load to load point"(or what thats called) if you hit play you will jump to that point or even to the beginning of the track(with the current button mapping for cue, play, cue pause and so on).
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Tech Mentor

Hey Leon.R,

I feel your pain. have you tried using the feature while the target deck is already playing AND all the load preferences unchecked? It will work if these conditions are met. However, if the target deck (the deck you want to copy to) is not actively playing a track, you will get a successful copy at the right location but the copied track wil not automatically start playing. Personally, Ive given up on this feature because i like the insurance of having "load only into stopped deck" checked in the loading preferences to avoid making the obvious mistake of accidently loading a new track into the audible playing deck and wreckin the shop.
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

I dont seem to have any issues with this feature running 1.1.1

I have load into stopped deck on to so this seems to be a bit of a tempremental one. When you load in the tsi do you load in absolutely everything or do you desable any of the ticks ?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

to clarify again:

i load everything as is from the tsi. tested on 1.1.1 and 1.1.2.

IF I HAVE "load only into stopped deck" UNCHECKED (in fact, every preference unchecked) AND I TRY DECK COPY:

*into a stopped deck - it will copy at current location but wont start playing.
    *into an already playing deck - it works as intended, deck copies and current location and target deck begins auto play from there.

IF I HAVE "load only into stopped deck" CHECKED (and no other deck preferences checked) AND I TRY DECK COPY:

*into a stopped deck - it will copy at current location but wont start playing.
    *into an already playing deck - it wont copy at all and the target deck flashes the message: DECK LOCKED - stop deck to load new track.

if your setup is the same and get a different result from above, please reply
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast