VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2 - Page 4
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Is there way to easily load tracks into Deck C or D without doing Deck Copy function?

I just want to be able to load into Deck C or D from the Track Browser.

If not, i may try to do it by replacing 'Sample' as the modifier for this.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Tech Wizard

nevermind..just figured it out.
    you can either engage the deck c/d mini knob in the upper right hand corner... or.. if you press the "copy to c" or "copy to d" buttons and you see the decks open up... then, when you browser, and select "LOAD" button left or right direction... you get the track in the right place..

diggin the layout, just did a practice session.
    I changed the fx a little for my preferences.. but.. other that, I'm thinking i may be all good now.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JAC View Post
    Basically, adding a phase sync button just ensures that when you kick back out of the loop, it automatically gets back in full sync with the master track.
    If you take a 1 bar loop and keep halving it, then maybe doubling its size again you will see the phase meter on that deck go out of sync. Yellow bars appear on either side of the central red line, meaning that that track is off beat with the master track.

By adding a phase sync command, you can go into micro loops and let things get off time and slightly messed up and then release the loop and they will all line back up again. Everything goes back in full sync. You can have the exact same bpm on both decks but one may be off beat, which is shown by the phase meter above each deck in Traktor.The tracks will be running at the same BPM but out of time with each other.

Watch this video again and you will see that when Hawtin goes into micro loops, the phase meters on his decks start jumping all over the place. However as soon as he exits the loop, everything lines up on beat again and you can see the yellow 'sync' button light up, showing that the deck is both tempo and phase synced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTDVqrPJJLI

This is exactly what I have added into the mapping above and is really easy to do. Just add a 'phase sync' command to whatever button you use to set and activate a loop. As the two decks are already in sync, pressing the loop active button does nothing to affect this. But in case you go into mirco loops and the phase goes off, exiting the loop will get that track back in time with the master one.

I know I blabbed on a bit but I hope this clears up what I'm trying to do here!
    It's much simpler than it sounds in reality!
    cool..I added just this to the advanced loop buttons..Is this all (see snap)
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Because you have a Load Marker set and the option to 'Load to Load Marker' or whatever enabled.

Known Issue.

I have all these load check buttons not checked and still when it copies it does not play too..it just stops.
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    I have all these load check buttons not checked and still when it copies it does not play too..it just stops.
    +1
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Tech Guru

maybe a Traktor 1.1.2 bug?
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Mentor

Also, I think it would make more sense if the high eq knob controlled the left chained effect (effect 1) and the low eq knob controlled the right chained effect (effect 3). the way it is now, theyre reversed.
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Tech Mentor

maybe a Traktor 1.1.2 bug?
    i was running traktorpro 1.1.1 i'm downloading 1.1.2 now and ill see if deck copy works after installation

macbookpro, vci-100se, fw 1.3

cool..I added just this to the advanced loop buttons..Is this all (see snap)

Yep that's honestly all you have to do, add that command to the same button you use for loops! Easy isn't it?!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by brianpkelly@hotmail.com View Post
    i was running traktorpro 1.1.1 i'm downloading 1.1.2 now and ill see if deck copy works after installation

macbookpro, vci-100se, fw 1.3

naw, i still cant get deck copy to work right. this is an old old issue with me...since the move from 3.4 to pro i havent been able to get a copied track to start play in the target deck UNLESS i dont have any of the loading preferences checked AND the target deck is already playing sure would like to know what the deal is!!!! i loved this feature in 3.4 and with the new advanced looping added, it sure would be sweet to have again.
    Last edited by brianpkelly@hotmail.com; 04-19-2009 at 10:41 PM.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast