VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

tiny thing i noticed that needs to be corrected before the final tsi and overlays are released: on the layout jpeg, the gator effect and the mulholland drive effect need to be swapped to match traktor's tsi or vise-versa.
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Quote Originally Posted by JAC View Post
    Ok guys I'm already done, I worked faster than expected!
    The attached tsi. is Fw 1.2 friendly as in it eliminates all conflicts caused by the juggle on/fx button 4 bug. I've had to make a few changes but none of the main features of this tsi have been compromised.

The new settings in this tsi., when following the jpg provided by Ean are as follows:

• 'Sample' button is now 'Juggle On' button, allowing you to cue juggle without activating an Fx or changing cue settings.

• The 'EQ Fx' button and 'Headphone Cue' button have swapped positions again ensuring that turning on an Fx does not change which track is being cued.

• A 'Search' command has been added to both the 'List' up and down buttons. Now when you go into only browser view mode, the cursor automagically jumps to the search box and selects any text already present in it, making it far easier and faster to find a track. No need for that mouse now!

• The 'Fx 3 On' button and 'Fx Button 2' now work as intended

• As requested by others, I added a 'Phase Sync' command to all the loop active buttons in the advanced loops section. When you now press that button, the track you kick the loop out on syncs with all others and plays along nicely in time. VERY NICE!

• What was 'Juggle On' becomes pretty much redundant, I don't like the idea of an Fx activating whenever you press that button so in this tsi. that is all it does, acts as another way of turning on 'Fx Button 2/ Fx 3 On'.

The only major loss is that of the sample mode, due to the bug there is no way of activating sample mode in this layout that I can think of, I tried switching it to Fx Unit 1 and numerous other things but I'm kind of stumped on any viable options so I've just left it out altogether.

Hope this helps any of you 1.2 guys out there, the setup is essentially the exact same bar the last bit ^^^ so I hope you enjoy Ean's great work! It'll save you a couple of hours and some potential headaches
    Ciao!

i have version 1.3, any chance you could explain to me how to attach phase sync to loop section? would also love to see a video of someone properly usin this tsi file

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by iancairns01iancairns01 View Post
    i have version 1.3, any chance you could explain to me how to attach phase sync to loop section? would also love to see a video of someone properly usin this tsi file
    +1 on the explanation of including phase sync (FW 1.3. user)

Tech Mentor

Default Deck Copy Problem

Hi guys,

when using deck copy the decks are copied but don't start playing.
    Which means, if I have hit play on the copied deck a previous set cue point will start or it can use the play button in the software to start the track.
    Either way I will have a time "lag" between the origin and destination deck.

Any settings I missed to automatically start the track when copied?

Thx in Advance.

Traktor Pro 1.1.2 - Win XP Lite - 2x VCI-100 FW 1.3. - Presonus firebox - HP 6910P -
    Last edited by Leon.R; 04-19-2009 at 04:44 AM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JAC View Post
    Ok guys I'm already done, I worked faster than ...

• As requested by others, I added a 'Phase Sync' command to all the loop active buttons in the advanced loops section. When you now press that button, the track you kick the loop out on syncs with all others and plays along nicely in time. VERY NICE!
    What is this supposed to do? Is this the famous R. Hawtin style loop phase magic trick button?
    I'm on 1.3, so not trying this edited TSI, but curious to what you are trying to do here.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Quote Originally Posted by Leon.R View Post
    Hi guys,

Which means, if I have hit play on the copied deck a previous set cue point will start or it can use the play button in the software to start the track.

Any settings I missed to automatically start the track when copied?

Thx in Advance.

Traktor Pro 1.1.2 - Win XP Lite - 2x VCI-100 FW 1.3. - Presonus firebox - HP 6910P -
    Because you have a Load Marker set and the option to 'Load to Load Marker' or whatever enabled.

Known Issue.

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    What is this supposed to do? Is this the famous R. Hawtin style loop phase magic trick button?
    I'm on 1.3, so not trying this edited TSI, but curious to what you are trying to do here.
    Basically, adding a phase sync button just ensures that when you kick back out of the loop, it automatically gets back in full sync with the master track.
    If you take a 1 bar loop and keep halving it, then maybe doubling its size again you will see the phase meter on that deck go out of sync. Yellow bars appear on either side of the central red line, meaning that that track is off beat with the master track.

By adding a phase sync command, you can go into micro loops and let things get off time and slightly messed up and then release the loop and they will all line back up again. Everything goes back in full sync. You can have the exact same bpm on both decks but one may be off beat, which is shown by the phase meter above each deck in Traktor.The tracks will be running at the same BPM but out of time with each other.

Watch this video again and you will see that when Hawtin goes into micro loops, the phase meters on his decks start jumping all over the place. However as soon as he exits the loop, everything lines up on beat again and you can see the yellow 'sync' button light up, showing that the deck is both tempo and phase synced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTDVqrPJJLI

This is exactly what I have added into the mapping above and is really easy to do. Just add a 'phase sync' command to whatever button you use to set and activate a loop. As the two decks are already in sync, pressing the loop active button does nothing to affect this. But in case you go into mirco loops and the phase goes off, exiting the loop will get that track back in time with the master one.

I know I blabbed on a bit but I hope this clears up what I'm trying to do here!
    It's much simpler than it sounds in reality!

Tech Convert

VCI 100 FW 1.2 with a Audio4DJ

I experience that this TSI file produces much more and irregular CPU usage than the previous ones. The CPU usage bar in the top fluctuates rapidely and at higher levels? This produces sometimes small freezes

Quote Originally Posted by brianpkelly@hotmail.com View Post
    tiny thing i noticed that needs to be corrected before the final tsi and overlays are released: on the layout jpeg, the gator effect and the mulholland drive effect need to be swapped to match traktor's tsi or vise-versa.
    ok- we will fix the TSI. That got mixed around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by iancairns01iancairns01 View Post
    A video will come out when the overlays are ready (about 2 weeks now) and I can consider adding Phase sync myself but its something that will only work for people that always use sync.

Hi guys,
    Just disable the "Initially cue to Load marker" setting in the preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDannyB View Post
    VCI 100 FW 1.2 with a Audio4DJ

I experience that this TSI file produces much more and irregular CPU usage than the previous ones. The CPU usage bar in the top fluctuates rapidely and at higher levels? This produces sometimes small freezes
    Please import several different TSi files and check them during the same session when you notice this to verify if its actually a TSi thing. Most likely its something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebump View Post
    Subject: VCI-100SE TSI Update Final 2_2
    Reply-To: "Dj TechTools Software" <service@djtechtools.com>

Am I the only one who can't download the latest 2.2 ??

When I click on the link in my email I get....

Error 404 - Not Found
    Strange, its working for me and everyone else. Have not heard about any problems. After the next round of bug fixes it will be posted as a perma-download link on the midi map page

Hey Ean,

first of all - You the man.

SO I GUESS YOUR NAME WILL NOT BE ON THE OVERLAYS THEN?
    Thanks Leon- I appreciate that. Well, at this point the mappings are more about the community and Dj TechTools and not me. So for that reason, I took my name off. Would everyone prefer that I put something like:

"by: Ean Golden" on there?

Seems to me that is better to keep it simple and clean.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast